Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Service Woes

Nemesis

Hi.I booked the fiesta titanium in for a routine service. the vehicle arrived with endless problems. The aux button and usb port does not work anymore. the car battery died thereafter over night. after a series of tests on the battery i replaced the battery with a new one for the fiesta. yesterday the new battery is stone dead. something is definitely draining the battery. i checked on the lights nothing is switched on after the vehicle is locked. i took the vehicle in for an assesment with fordand after 8 hours the technician said to me its a unique problem they have no idea whats wrong with the car.very puzzling situation. anyone with some insight let me know please. very frustrated ford fan. thanks

Do you mean these problems occurred after the car had been serviced ? If so and the car is under warranty, the Ford dealer are obliged to sort everything out and I wouldn't accept the car back until they are. A decent dealer would also provide you with a courtesy car whilst its being sorted (in the UK at any rate).

yes all happened after the service. it is under warranty i will be sending it back tomorow. really frustrating

Yes, that is quite poor. I must admit I am not too impressed with Ford servicing here. There seems to be an attitude of indifference towards the customer and his/her problems. I have only experienced two Ford dealers, with different cars (both Fiesta Mk7's). The first one seemed only interested in charging as much as possible by offering 'extras' to the already expensive service. When I complained of a problem with the brakes sticking on,they said "oh, it is a big job stripping the brakes down and we will have to charge !" What is the warranty for then ?

The second dealer and second car, whilst the car was in for its first service, I asked them to look at the sound proofing that was falling away from the bulkhead under the bonnet. When I collected the car they said "It's meant to be like that sir !" :lol: Do they treat all customers as idiots or just me ? Noisy brakes ? "We can't do anything about that - sir".

I've since secured the soundproofing myself.

Just spoke to the Ford Dealer Manager and he has told me that this week they have had three more complaints regarding the Fiestas, Radio problems, battery problems, Brake problems. They have forwarded the problem to the factory to find a solution. It seems like a flaw in vehicle. So its best to sort it out early because it causes a chain reaction of problems. However no solution is available at present. Shocking from Ford.

• 8 months later...

Just spoke to the Ford Dealer Manager and he has told me that this week they have had three more complaints regarding the Fiestas, Radio problems, Battery problems, Brake problems. They have forwarded the problem to the factory to find a solution. It seems like a flaw in vehicle. So its best to sort it out early because it causes a chain reaction of problems. However no solution is available at present. Shocking from Ford.

Just reread your oldish post and I am interested to know what brake problems have been recognised by Ford. I have noisy brakes, creaking on release from the front (I think) and loud rubbing noises from the rear drums when braking. I know the creaking is very common on many cars but mine is quite excessive, made worse by the fact that it is an auto and you have to hold the car on the brakes a lot more.

think this just about matches the misery of my service!!! as people have said, it should be under warranty and they should fix it for you (unless like in my case they seemed to wiggle an excuse to say it was partly my fault)

this sounds like my experience with the wifes hyundai. It was 3 month old and had a "bleb" in the paint on the hatch back, the dealer said it was a stone chip (on the back???) and it was not covered under warranty. I could not see how it could be a stone chip so they agreed to refer it to hyundai, after 2 months I had heard nothing so rang hyundai. It had never been referred and after 10 mins got a call back from hyundai telling me to take it to the body shop of my choice and they would pay. Moral of the story, trust the dealer as far as you can spit with a hangover, warranty work takes ages to get paid by the manufacturer so they hate doing it

this sounds like my experience with the wifes hyundai. It was 3 month old and had a "bleb" in the paint on the hatch back, the dealer said it was a stone chip (on the back???) and it was not covered under warranty. I could not see how it could be a stone chip so they agreed to refer it to hyundai, after 2 months I had heard nothing so rang hyundai. It had never been referred and after 10 mins got a call back from hyundai telling me to take it to the body shop of my choice and they would pay. Moral of the story, trust the dealer as far as you can spit with a hangover, warranty work takes ages to get paid by the manufacturer so they hate doing it

Sounds like one up for Hyundai. Be interesting to hear what the original dealer had to say about it !

I'm dreading having mine serviced, my local Dealer is Arnold Clark :unsure:

I'm dreading having mine serviced, my local Dealer is Arnold Clark :unsure:

What a great reputation they have lol... what I find funny is, if every tom !Removed! and harry knows how bad Dealerships are.. why don't the dealerships do something about it!? =/ I guess they know people have to go there

After my second service in july, i had problems with the brakes due to a brake fluid change, had to take to back twice & i'm still not totally happy with them .

Today I took it to an independent tyre fitters for two front tyres, ordered from blackcicle. One buckeled front wheel(I can't blame Ford for that)& also find the tracking out by 4mm. Both front tyres worn nearly bald on inside of the tyre. I want to know is why ford didn't tell me about the buckled wheel and tracking being out after the service in July, surely they had the wheels off?

What un-important things are they going to charge me for after the 3rd service & what important things are they going to miss?

Just spoke to the Ford Dealer Manager and he has told me that this week they have had three more complaints regarding the Fiestas, Radio problems, Battery problems, Brake problems. They have forwarded the problem to the factory to find a solution. It seems like a flaw in vehicle. So its best to sort it out early because it causes a chain reaction of problems. However no solution is available at present. Shocking from Ford.

so the garage have done nothing about your concerns other than fob you off with what seems like a rather flimsy excuse? I'm not sure I would take this excuse at face value without consulting Ford Customer Care to see if there is some truth in this.

After my second service in july, i had problems with the brakes due to a brake fluid change, had to take to back twice & i'm still not totally happy with them .

Today I took it to an independent tyre fitters for two front tyres, ordered from blackcicle. One buckeled front wheel(I can't blame Ford for that)& also find the tracking out by 4mm. Both front tyres worn nearly bald on inside of the tyre. I want to know is why ford didn't tell me about the buckled wheel and tracking being out after the service in July, surely they had the wheels off?

What un-important things are they going to charge me for after the 3rd service & what important things are they going to miss?

have you lowered the suspension on your car?

That's interesting. My noisy brakes seem to have got worse since the last service and brake fluid change in November. I can hear the rear drums rubbing as I draw to a halt which wasn't the case before. Think I'll take it back again as you did as the creaking front discs are as bad as ever.

one of my rear drum made a grinding noise, i took it back but didn't find anything wrong. No changes to the car from factory made. I thought they would take the wheels off when it got serviced?