Get Your Club gear
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Barry

Mondeo 2.0 Zetec

7 posts in this topic

Took my car out got about 500 yds away and it stalled on me. tried bumping & jump starting it but it still wondnt go.. Ignition lights come on when you turn the key but dosent crank over. any ideas please. someone said it could be the imoboliser or the key? thanks

it does sound like the imboliser playing up, without inspection its hard to say what could be the root of the problem.

it does sound like the imboliser playing up, without inspection its hard to say what could be the root of the problem.

mintalkin ...Many Thanks for your reply... is there a way to bypass this or is it a trip to the garage.

just an idea. have you checked all the cells of the battery are maintaining charge. Mine failed one and had to recharge every three days till i bought new one. starts first time now. This cold weather were having is not helping either.

Try locking and opening your doors again cause i had the same problem but try it on the passenger door cause i had same prob and that seemed to sort it out

If its the immobilisor at fault the security light should stay lit when the keys turned. If you are using a remote fob, take the end off it and clean all the fluff and dust out of the keyfob. Have had this myself with my ford key. Curiously, my Jag key has never had this problem.