Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

ezman

Please help, thinking of buying titanium tomorrow!

3 posts in this topic

Hi, had a really good test drive of a Titanium 2005 1.6 115 petrol today, it's only done around 14,000 miles.

The only thing is there is a quite a scrape down the edge of the driver door (as if someone's opened the door too wide against a stone wall. They say they'll clean it up (they just got the car in, it hasn't even been cleaned yet), but that I would still notice if I looked closely.

I admire they're honesty but how much would you haggle down for this. It was at £6500 and I've got them down to £6200 which I think is as good as I can get out of them.

Would this put you off buying the car at this price (which seems good, looking at current selections on sites).

Thanks,

Eric

find out what the repair would cost and that will give you a better idear on the idear price of the car.

find out what the repair would cost and that will give you a better idear on the idear price of the car.

I think I would try to get a quote from the best body shop in your area and then ask for a discount equal to the quote.

It is very hard to do a completely invisible repair but a real good sprayer should be able to blend it in so it is not noticeable. (He will have to laquer the entire door though)