Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ipod Ready Stereo

qwerty1982

Hey guys, im after a stereo to replace the stock one in my 2002 zetec but i want to be able to carry one using the steering remote.... what models do this or how do i find out pls?

aslong as you buy an aftermarket unit which is remote commander compatible your sorted. you will just need to buy the adaptor leads...

i can help, if you want just post the model make and number and ill tell you if it is and what cables.

I have the Sony CDX-GT35U, it's iPod/Aux/USB compatible and can have steering wheel stalk controls if you want them (I did, too). Remember you do need a lot of adapters for this and in the end cost me about £100 to do, fairly simple though

two adaptor cables for less than £40 will normally do it, if your headunit is already ipod capable.

pcc99-x50 and pc99-son...

i had a sony mex-bt2600 and the controls worked with that, with those cables.

johnS- did you have to buy an connect2 ipod adaptor for your headunit? that would explain the cost.

thanks for the replies. Will have a little look and see wat models i fancy and see what i might need to get them sorted!

thanks agsin.

two adaptor cables for less than £40 will normally do it, if your headunit is already ipod capable.

pcc99-x50 and pc99-son...

i had a sony mex-bt2600 and the controls worked with that, with those cables.

johnS- did you have to buy an connect2 ipod adaptor for your headunit? that would explain the cost.

nope didnt have to get a connect 2 iPod adapter for it. Theres a USB connection on the headunit and you plug it into that

aslong as you buy an aftermarket unit which is remote commander compatible your sorted. you will just need to buy the adaptor leads...

i can help, if you want just post the model make and number and ill tell you if it is and what cables.

Hey mate, thanks for your offer in showing me what leads i need..

I have been given a sony cdx-gt33u, might not be ipod ready but its free and apparantly can be used with the control on the steering. Can you advise what leads i need pls?

any one able to help? eger to get the stereo installed!!!

sorry for the late reply qwerty1982, ive been kinda busy with work and the such.

cables your require are:

pc99-x07

pc99-son

you can either pick them up at your local Halfords for about £30-40 or even cheaper here:

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/autoleads-pc99x07-ford-focus-galaxy-mondeo-stalk-steering-control-adaptor-p-2639.html

on the right select sterio patch lead for sony. (this will add pc99-son to your order)

sorry for the late reply qwerty1982, ive been kinda busy with work and the such.

cables your require are:

pc99-x07

pc99-son

you can either pick them up at your local halfords for about £30-40 or even cheaper here:

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/autoleads-pc99x07-ford-focus-galaxy-mondeo-stalk-steering-control-adaptor-p-2639.html

on the right select sterio patch lead for sony. (this will add pc99-son to your order)

Dude you are a LEGEND!! Thank you very much for your help, will get them ordered ASAP!

thanks and glad you got it all sorted lol im not sure but if you get a memory issue (where you loose the radio stations etc when ignition is off) on the harness is a red and yellow wire with bullet connectors half way. disconnect these and swap them so:

red to yellow

yellow to red

this will then sort you memory problem.

• Like 1

thanks and glad you got it all sorted lol im not sure but if you get a memory issue (where you loose the radio stations etc when ignition is off) on the harness is a red and yellow wire with bullet connectors half way. disconnect these and swap them so:

red to yellow

yellow to red

this will then sort you memory problem.

Nice tip, will see what happens when I get it installed.

Shame I cant re-wire my memory like that!!!!

yeah i thought i'd mention it just incase and save you time. mind you i didnt have a problem with my sony headunit.

i know what you mean, if it was that simple lol

All wires and plugs ame today, took about 4 mins to plug and play!!! masive thank you buddy for all your help!

glad you got it all sorted and no worries...any probs just give me a shout :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club