Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
optimadam

Will not start

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just signed up to see if you lot could give me any suggestion about what could be wrong with my car.

I own an estate 1.8D LX 96 N reg

This morning I put my key in the ignition and let everything charge up as normal, waiting until all the lights went out. Then turned the key to start the car and all the needles went to the right and then that was it, the engine didn’t even try to start.

Now every time I try to start it nothing happens. I thought it might be the battery so I tried jumping it but no sign of life. The lights in the car, central locking etc work fine, just not the driver’s console.

I was thinking that there was a surge and it blow one of the fuses, which I’ve not had time to look at right now as I had to get to work. Could it be the ignition barrel?

Any suggestions would be great.

Just got back home and looked at all the fuses. They all seem fine.

I put my key in and and turned it to start it and the windscreen wipers came on.

Im going to have a guess and say its an electrical issue.