AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robbo87

Bonnet problem

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, im having a problem with the bonnet on my r reg 1.3 encore.

The release cable seems to have broke under the steering wheel so i cant use that to open the bonnet. Last time i managed to open it by just manually sliding across the latch by sliding a screw driver under the bonnet but now this doesnt seem to be working now either. any one any idea's?

cheers, robbo

Can you still see the cable in the car?

If not try taking the plastic's off around the steering column and see if you can find it. Grab it with a pair of pliers or grips and pull.

Odds are last time you used it, it released the bonnet then snapped, allowing you to use the screwdriver to release it. Now as it has been shut properly you cant move it across.

Hope this helps

Can you still see the cable in the car?

If not try taking the plastic's off around the steering column and see if you can find it. Grab it with a pair of pliers or grips and pull.

Odds are last time you used it, it released the bonnet then snapped, allowing you to use the screwdriver to release it. Now as it has been shut properly you cant move it across.

Hope this helps

cheers mate, got at it with a pair of pliers n managed to get it open pulling it like you said, put plenty of wd40 on the locking mechanism n seems a lot better now.

Glad to help mate. Thats what we are all here for.