3 replies to this topic

#1 Mark I Williams

Mark I Williams

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Zetyec [130]

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:42 PM

I have a 54 plate Mondeo 2.0 TDCI 130. I've just got the car and it's my first one with 6 gears. So I can make sure I'm running it as efficiently as possible, what is the optimum revs to run at? For example, doing 60mph in 5th the car is doing just over 2,000 revs. In 6th gear it's about 1,500. Which is better for fuel economy?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Mightyhighone

Mightyhighone

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo -97

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:08 PM

I should think that 1300-1600 revs would be most fuel efficient, by posting this i know i will be attacked by others who knows better. But to my defense i dont drive a diesel i just work whit them, the best way of knowing is trying. Good Luck!

Mighty

#3 Snapper

Snapper

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo tdci 130 Zetec

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:35 PM

Generally considered that under 2000 revs is in the economy range, I find the Mondeo is happy over 1500 rpm possibly a little higher (1700rpm) for the longer gears, given the choice 6th gear

#4 mondy-man

mondy-man

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Mondeo 1.8 Zetec

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:13 AM

You may as well keep the revs low as that's where all the torque is, and you'll save yourself fuel. Diesels don't like being thrashed and they've got such a small powerband that it's not really worth it. Keep the revs low and ride the torque wave!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users