Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus-None Dpf.

bottletree

Does anyone know if there is a focus mk2 that is a diesel, but without the pathetic,useless,waste of time shambolic DPF fitted to it? Got some friends who have a 2 door fiat punto wanting a focus diesel. Got 5 grand to spend.

Any advice appreciated. Unless you give me good advice on the DPF :angry: <_<

I do believe if you buy a 1.8 tdci it's not fitted with a dpf because it's the older engine thats why I brought one :) BUT it does have an egr valve instead and every now and again that needs cleaning but it's easy to clean, I am no mechanic and I clean mine myself every year with a tin of spray and twenty minutes of my time.

yeah i got a 1.8tdci and it doesnt have a dpf so thats good lol

ive also been told the 1.6tdci definately has one, the 2.0tdci was an optional add-on when new and the years you want are 2005-2006...as far as i am aware.

going to add that to my list...i thought they replaced the 1.8tdci at around 2007-2008 with the 1.6tdci but you learn something new everyday...everyday is a school day lol

leemaxd- you mention that you clean the egr every year... is it possibly you could do a quick noddy guide on what tools and consumables and how to please? im looking to do this...just to keep the car in tip top and i dont think the car has been properly looked after since out of the show room. thanks. (sorry original poster for hijack)

but back to topic...there is a lenghty discussion on this forum and another i am on about just getting the DPF removed and the car remapped so that the ECU/BSI will ignore that this DPF is missing. has your mate considered this? it will save him money in the long term.

then again, if he is just doing short miles, wouldnt he be better off with a petrol and if longer miles a diesel, as the DPF will regenerate once the speed/temp have been acheived and is held for a few minutes, people just suffer from DPF issues as their car is getting on and they do shorter town miles, so the DPF cannot regen.

Thanks all for your help. The 1.6 would have been great, but like i said with having the DPF and a bill for £1000 at 6 years or so its a no brainer. I will have a look at the tax for the 1.8 tdci and the mpg. They live in the countryside and its 15 miles into Sheffield daily. They are putting £50 a week petrol in the Punto at moment. With the diesel it will be far superior.

Thanks again folks. :rolleyes:

ive got a 2005 2.0TDCI Focus Titanium and it does not have a DPF. On the 05's it was a £350 optional extra

Yes easy enough to do. I did mine last week, using wynns egr cleaner, which i got off e-bay.

The instructions that i got from the supplier was as follows.

Warm up engine, and switch off

Remove pipe from the air-box to the egr valve

Re-start engine, and set rpm to 2000. ( this i did by using my mate on the throttle )

Spray product into egr port in no more than two second intervals

WARNING, if engine revs increase, or deisel knocking occurs, whilst spraying, set engine revs to idle

Continue till all product has been used

Let engine tick over for two minutes, then switch off

Replace hose etc

Re-start engine, and rev 5-10 times, or drive for 5-10 kilometers

DO NOT EXEED 3000rpm, whilst doing this.

As i say i did this to mine last week, and did it with no problem. Blew some crap out though lol

Focus TDCI (90 BHP) are non DPF till 2009 I believe

Should have said the Focus 1.6 TDCi (90 BHP) are non dpf till 2009.

I don't own a diesel but have noticed alot of DPF related posts... What exactly is the DPF and what is it's purpose... Just out of interest :)

I don't own a diesel but have noticed alot of DPF related posts... What exactly is the DPF and what is it's purpose... Just out of interest :)

Trust me my friend, you don't want to know. Its another way for the governments and dealers etc to squeeze a hell of a lot more cash out of the drivers. When you consider that the recent volcanic eruption in Iceland emitted the equivalent of chinas emissions over a 20 year period, it makes this cleaner air policy a complete charade.

Hahaha, whatever it is sounds a right royal pain in the t*ts

And dont get me started on "global warming" lol

my mates got a 2006 1.6 diesel Focus and i was surprised to hear that it doesnt have a DPF! i thought all the 1.6 mk2's had em

Rob,

The DPF is the Diesel Particulate Filter (or the Damned Particulate Filter As I have not so affectionately nicknamed it). Basically its a hyped up Catalytic Converter. It works with the Particulate filter to remove soot and other cack that the engine kicks out in the exhaust. It is maintained by the engine injecting EOLYS fluid into the fuel in dribs and drabs which then gets passed through the exhaust gasses and helps to clean the DPF periodically. However it costs a fortune, and requires £1000 for a new one when you reach 75000 miles. Its a nightmare, increases pressure on the engine and the turbo and makes your car more likely to die, as well as lining Fords pockets with Gold. The Eolys fluid one of those things that you need adding into the system and resetting by the most expensive hardware [to run] in the galaxy (Diagnostics computer(true fact!)) so that your car can happily plod along and burn your £1000 nicely. I would much rather put £50 notes in the exhaust system and watch them burn as its easier than facing the £1000 bill.

APJ, I also thought that they were mandatory on these damned things. but then again, did the previous owner get it removed when he bought the car and heard "£1000 service"? or maybe the previous owner did...

Just as well i dont have one then... i already have a money magnet... an 18 month old daughter lol

Given me food for thought as i was thinking of getting a diesel Focus in the future (2 years or so)... maybe not after reading that lol.

Does anyone know if this has been carried across to the MK3?

Just as well i dont have one then... i already have a money magnet... an 18 month old daughter lol

Given me food for thought as i was thinking of getting a diesel Focus in the future (2 years or so)... maybe not after reading that lol.

The DPF is now mandatory for all Euro 4/5 Compliant Cars. I was looking at the Cee'd diesel, and the brilliant thing was it had a DPF!!! Genuinely that is a good thing, and the reason is, it sits there, and will work and work and work... No maintenance, so no crappy EOLYS fluid, and no need to replace! by the looks of it, Ford bodged the first lot of DPF's but I dont know if they have bodged for the newer MK3, or if they redesigned it so that its a decent part that doesnt require you to bend over the desk of your dealer at 75000 miles!

Rob,

The DPF is the Diesel Particulate Filter (or the Damned Particulate Filter As I have not so affectionately nicknamed it). Basically its a hyped up Catalytic Converter. It works with the Particulate filter to remove soot and other cack that the engine kicks out in the exhaust. It is maintained by the engine injecting EOLYS fluid into the fuel in dribs and drabs which then gets passed through the exhaust gasses and helps to clean the DPF periodically. However it costs a fortune, and requires £1000 for a new one when you reach 75000 miles. Its a nightmare, increases pressure on the engine and the turbo and makes your car more likely to die, as well as lining Fords pockets with Gold. The Eolys fluid one of those things that you need adding into the system and resetting by the most expensive hardware [to run] in the galaxy (Diagnostics computer(true fact!)) so that your car can happily plod along and burn your £1000 nicely. I would much rather put £50 notes in the exhaust system and watch them burn as its easier than facing the £1000 bill.

APJ, I also thought that they were mandatory on these damned things. but then again, did the previous owner get it removed when he bought the car and heard "£1000 service"? or maybe the previous owner did...

My mate reckons they became compulsory after 2007.....so maybe they were optional on the 1.6's before 2007?

Also would be interesting to see if anyone knows if Ford have improved their DPF's for the mk3's? surely cant be the same type of DPF's that are on the mk2's??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They are here to stay, its environmental, and if your ever behind a diesel car in queueing traffic without one, you will wish it had one. They are something you wish others to have, not yourself :D There is a DPF that does not need renewing or the eloys top ups. It's called a CDPF - Catalysed Diesel Particulate Filter. But as to it being fitted on the new Mk 3's I could not tell you..............but some say even the newer CDPF has problems. SEE HERE Volvo did a recall recently on newer cars where diesel was entering the sump oil...nice. Anyway all sorted now, bit of a software update, and they just don't put as much oil in at service time. This is to allow a bit of space for the diesel contamination of the sump oil :rolleyes:

Now I cannot swear to those cars being fitted with the CDPF, it may be with the renewable DPF's. Volvo don't talk about it much........I wonder why :rolleyes:

Should have said the Focus 1.6 TDCi (90 BHP) are non dpf till 2009.

I will be buying a Ford Focus soon (ideally a diesel), can I double check with everyone : Ford Focus 1.6 TDCIs (90bhp) up until 2009 do not have a diesel particulate filter ?

Could I also ask; if you don't generally drive in stop/start traffic and/or usually get to drive most of your journey at 40 mph+, will the DPF always regenerate itself of does it always require replacement at 75k miles ? Thanks :)

I will be buying a Ford Focus soon (ideally a diesel), can I double check with everyone : Ford Focus 1.6 TDCIs (90bhp) up until 2009 do not have a diesel particulate filter ?

Could I also ask; if you don't generally drive in stop/start traffic and/or usually get to drive most of your journey at 40 mph+, will the DPF always regenerate itself of does it always require replacement at 75k miles ? Thanks :)

I did 60 miles a day in my DPF 1.6 TDCI focus, and you do get a lot more miles with diesel and the DPF is due renewal according to the service schedule at 75k, however they can last beyond that, I have heard of them lasting up to 90k but not much more than that, of course you end up in limp home mode, and you still have to fork out. If you dont get it replaced at the 75k interval then you will be wondering when the bang to the wallet comes!!

apparently from 2007 all cars have a DPF by EU Law to be EURO 4/5 Engine.

I have an '07 2.0 TDCi Focus without the DPF. Glad it doesn't have one tbh!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club