Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus-None Dpf.

bottletree

Hi,

I have a 2009 1.8 tdci focus zetec s and am looking at getting one of the tuning boxes. How do I find out if my car has a dpf? I think it makes a difference as to which box I can get.

Cheers

James

Ive just been reading this post about dpf, I received a message saying engine malfunction! I switched the engine off, I started the car again and it took little longer to start, no message so I set off again. The cars running terrible no power at all very poor it's booked in on Tuesday with Ford could this be the dpf gone?

2009 1.6 TDci 41000 miles no record of additive refilled at 37500 service.

Ive just been reading this post about dpf, I received a message saying engine malfunction! I switched the engine off, I started the car again and it took little longer to start, no message so I set off again. The cars running terrible no power at all very poor it's booked in on Tuesday with Ford could this be the dpf gone?

2009 1.6 TDci 41000 miles no record of additive refilled at 37500 service.

Sounds like a DPF problem, nodoubt it's run out of the Eloys additive, and has not been able to do a passive regeneration. If that is the case the dealer will have to do a "Forced Regeneration" and at the same time top up your additive reservoir.

Edit:

I gather from another thread you started, that you have recently bought this car, was it a private sale or from a car dealership [that includes a "one man band" who sells cars he buys with the intention to not personally own but sell on to the public for profit]

When did you buy? Because in you bought from a Trader it "has to be fit for purpose" as defined in the Sale of Goods Act. If the car was circa 37k on the clock, it is their responsibility to ensure the Eloy's reservoir has been topped up prior to you taking reciept of the car. Any damage to the car [blocked DPF possibly in this case] The cost of the remedial work and the Eloy's additive reservoir top up and ECU management reset, is down to the trader/ garage you bought from. If they dispute this, just issue the magic phrase......I will be informing the local Trading Standards Office, that My rights under the Sale of Goods Act have not be upheld by the Trader/Garage ......see my signature in regards to knowing your rights.

Sara, whats your current mileage?

I have mk2 54 reg Focus. It's 1.6 tdci with higgher power output. No DPF but road tax is £90/year.

Hi All, yes purchased from a main dealer, has 40780 miles now was 37990 miles when I bought it. Full service history car running fine now ford said the car had 2 error codes low fuel warning and excess revs warning these where reset and a new ecu update applied now running fine. Dpf fluid is ok or the engine light would of come on by now they said?

Hi All, yes purchased from a main dealer, has 40780 miles now was 37990 miles when I bought it. Full service history car running fine now ford said the car had 2 error codes low fuel warning and excess revs warning these where reset and a new ecu update applied now running fine. Dpf fluid is ok or the engine light would of come on by now they said?

Sara, did the main dealer service the car for you prior to you picking it up when you first purchased it from them? Because they should have done [as a private owner or lease company selling the car on circa 37.5k would not pay out for a service to be done, and that service is deemed to be a "major" service]

You say there is no record in the service log that the Eloys additive has been topped up. Well it should have been done in the 37.5k service as stated in the "Ford Service Schedule" And the way you have worded their observations in regard to the said fluid gives me concern. The Eloys additive should last circa 40k, that is why it is supposed to be topped up in the 37.5k service. What I'm saying is, if they refilled it when they sold it to you 2790 miles ago, they would know the additive reservoir was full, not have to make assumed judgements.

I suggest you demand some definitive answers from them:

1. Did they give the car it's 37.5k service as laid out in Fords Service Schedule.

2. And did they refill the Eloy's additive reservoir and reset the ECU as laid out in the aforementioned service schedule.

And if the above were indeed undertaken, why have one or both not been recorded in the service log book?

Your warranty is only valid if you can prove the vehicle has been serviced as per Ford Schedule. Besides if when you come to sell the vehicle it will be worth more if the log book proves it has been done as per schedule.

Sara, did the main dealer service the car for you prior to you picking it up when you first purchased it from them? Because they should have done [as a private owner or lease company selling the car on circa 37.5k would not pay out for a service to be done, and that service is deemed to be a "major" service]

You say there is no record in the service log that the Eloys additive has been topped up. Well it should have been done in the 37.5k service as stated in the "Ford Service Schedule" And the way you have worded their observations in regard to the said fluid gives me concern. The Eloys additive should last circa 40k, that is why it is supposed to be topped up in the 37.5k service. What I'm saying is, if they refilled it when they sold it to you 2790 miles ago, they would know the additive reservoir was full, not have to make assumed judgements.

I suggest you demand some definitive answers from them:

1. Did they give the car it's 37.5k service as laid out in Fords Service Schedule.

2. And did they refill the Eloy's additive reservoir and reset the ECU as laid out in the aforementioned service schedule.

And if the above were indeed undertaken, why have one or both not been recorded in the service log book?

Your warranty is only valid if you can prove the vehicle has been serviced as per Ford Schedule. Besides if when you come to sell the vehicle it will be worth more if the log book proves it has been done as per schedule.

Hi, unfortunately the garage that repaired the fault was not the garage I purchased the car from so they couldn't tell me if the fluid was full or not only that it would of run out by now and the engine warning light would light up and not the engine malfunction warning.

The service was not done by the garage I purchased the car and I am now concerned about this and will be contacting them today regarding the dpf fluid.

I’ll see what they say.

Thanks,

Sara.

Hi, unfortunately the garage that repaired the fault was not the garage I purchased the car from so they couldn't tell me if the fluid was full or not only that it would of run out by now and the engine warning light would light up and not the engine malfunction warning.

The service was not done by the garage I purchased the car and I am now concerned about this and will be contacting them today regarding the dpf fluid.

I’ll see what they say.

Thanks,

Sara.

The service should have been done! if not the service was not complete, and you can take the car back as being in unsatisfactory condition. you may not get a full refund due to the miles you have driven but argue the point with them!

I've just spoken to the garage that i purchased the car from they seem to think that my model has no fluid for the dpf as some did on earlier models ????

Yes its a Ford main dealer!

Really? Its my understanding that since day one they all had Eolys fluid... Otherwise they would have gone from maintenance free - to maintenance required DPF's... Im no genius, but that to me is a step the wrong way for Ford! :|

I would speak to another dealer, call around them and get them to run your reg / vin through the systems. I wouldnt trust this garage's opinion, and I really dont believe there were ever no eolys fluid DPF's on any focus, I have and could well be wrong again, but I dont believe thats true...

I spoke to the service dept. she was not very helpful she even said that I would have to pay for it if it was, I said I don't think so I bought the car from your dealership and it should have all been done!

I have since telephoned another dealer and they confirmed it does take the fluid all models do so you are right.

In that case, write to the dealer you bought the car from! tell them they dont understand their own vehicle, and (confirm with maybe one or two other dealers) and state that you have been advised by X other dealers your vehicle does take the EOLYS fluid, and as such you expect they should do this free of charge, as the service should have been completed fully as per the guidelines, and you are not going to pay out for such work to be undertaken. Threaten to give them the car back if they refuse to do so. See what they say.

I cant believe they are muppets that much to the point they dont even realise your car takes EOLYS....

Where abouts is your dealer located in kent? presuming it was a dagenham motors somewhere?

I shall call them on Monday morning and speak to the service manager! if no joy I shall write to head office!

Definately do! also stick a letter in the post (drop off a letter in hand to someone!) once you have had your conversation and re-affirm the points made in that phone call, make sure you get them to write to you also with the conclusions of this! record all communications and I would also note down your conversation with them today, and with this other Ford dealer, so that when you write to Ford, you quote the dealers and their response, you could end up getting one of them in trouble - hopefully its the ones who are trying to fob you off :)

The Mk2.5 Focus 2.0l TDCi was fitted with the non Eloys, no renewable CDPF from 2008 onwards. However the Mk2.5 Focus 1.6 TDCi is on the original Eloys required DPF right through to it ceases production sometime this year. The new Mk3 Focus 1.6 TDCi has the no eloys's no replacement required at 75K CDPF

It's a bugger when a Ford Main Dealer does not know it's own product. Car dealers service cars once they have a buyer, not before. That's because the car may not sell at that dealership, so may be shipped out to another dealership, hence if the other dealership get the profit from a sale, they have to stand the service costs.

FACT, your car required the 37.5k service undertaking prior to you taking reciept of it, included in that service was the Eloy's additive top up and ECU reset. If they did not do either of the above they have contravened Fords own warranty requirements.

Stand firm demand you get the full service done as per Fords own Service Schedual. If they are to stupid to realise they have not got a leg to stand on, write to Ford UK and demand action.......Go get em Sara

The Mk2.5 Focus 2.0l TDCi was fitted with the non Eloys, no renewable CDPF from 2008 onwards. However the Mk2.5 Focus 1.6 TDCi is on the original Eloys required DPF right through to it ceases production sometime this year. The new Mk3 Focus 1.6 TDCi has the no eloys's no replacement required at 75K CDPF

It's a bugger when a Ford Main Dealer does not know it's own product. Car dealers service cars once they have a buyer, not before. That's because the car may not sell at that dealership, so may be shipped out to another dealership, hence if the other dealership get the profit from a sale, they have to stand the service costs.

FACT, your car required the 37.5k service undertaking prior to you taking reciept of it, included in that service was the Eloy's additive top up and ECU reset. If they did not do either of the above they have contravened Fords own warranty requirements.

Stand firm demand you get the full service done as per Fords own Service Schedual. If they are to stupid to realise they have not got a leg to stand on, write to Ford UK and demand action.......Go get em Sara

Thanks will do.

Thanks Catch, I like to be proven wrong! I learn better that way!

Thanks Catch, I like to be proven wrong! I learn better that way!

No sweat mate :)

I knew Volvo went non maintenance circa 2008 on the S40 2.0 ltre engine. And when I was snooping about on the CLICKCARPARTS Diesel Particulate Filters section. Replacement DPF for 1.6 engine runs through 2005 right up to 2011. 0n the 2.0 engine it's 2004 through to 2007. It's the same DPF as used by Volvo, not surprising as they share engines.

Now as an aside I know some Volvo S40 2.0 diesels [presumably on the newer CDPF] were having diesel fuel contamination of the sump oil. There was a recall for a software up date, and a new dip stick I think. First fix was to not fill the sump oil to the Max mark! Some fix that was, they were obviously allowing room for diesel fuel to mix with the engine oil. Kinda makes a mockery of the need to buy specific expensive lubricating oils with tight tolerances, only to have it contaminated with diesel fuel.

Honest John DPF or Non DPF discussion.

In general the passive CDPF operating conditions requires an engine exhaust temperature

above 250 o C for at least 30% of the operation.

And if it doesn't do this before it is nearly full (i.e. temperature not reached) it will try an active regeneration by injecting diesel into the exhaust to burn and increase temperature. Some of this on some cars can end up in the sump.

If active regeneration does not happen then the car goes into limp mode and the car can only be regenerated at the dealers. And if left without doing this will eventually need a new DPF.

Edited by rtj70 on 03/08/2009 at 23:05

Tis an interesting thread, I like the fact I have gone back to petrol, but miss a few things about diesel. good old None DPF's - All the fun of diesel, fuel efficiency of a zebra, and miles per tank are always good!

*sigh* shame the damned DPF is to become mandatory... However when they get maintenance free really integrated and running like a dream, then there wont be a problem!

Sarah, how did your punchup with the dealership go? I hope you walked out with everything sorted?

if your ford dealer is the one that did the last service they should have refilled the additive and reset additive ecu. tell them they must have forgot about the service bulletin saying it MUST be filed at 37500 miles and if it isnt dpf will fail as it wont regen. you need to get them to do it free as they charge A FORTUNE to do it when the light does come on. they charge for 5 litres and use 2!!! regards steve

Yeah I asked for the remainder of my bottle :) gave it to a friend and just got his ECU reset - saved him about 80 - 90 quid!

• 7 years later...

Can someone please tell me if my 2006 ford focus 2.0 tdci 136 bhp has a dpf or not don't seam to get a straight answer from anywhere??? 

On 4/26/2019 at 4:19 PM, Daniel007 said:

Can someone please tell me if my 2006 ford focus 2.0 tdci 136 bhp has a dpf or not don't seam to get a straight answer from anywhere??? 

It was an option with that engine on the MK2 Focus so it's impossible to give a blanket yes/no answer.

If you do have a DPF you'll have a sensor attached to the side of the battery box in the engine bay (typically the drivers side of the battery box if you're looking back at the car from the front).

You can also check you car's Reg or VIN via Ford ETIS and it will tell you the type of emissions system fitted, you'll need to register as an IO which is totally free of charge but you have to say yes to a load of questions.  If you have any problems registering then myself or one of the others on here with working access can always check for you (just PM your vehicle reg).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club