Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aftermarket Stereos??

Gareth Mattey

Hi,

Well i went to my ford dealer today as there website said my car should have an aux input and steering wheel controls (ford fiesta studio), there website claimed when i bought the car it had these as standard.

Finally got round to going back to my dealer today, they said only fiestas produced in 2011 have this and the studio models produced before 2011 dont. I know this was on there website in 2010 when i was first looking at getting a fiesta.

My car was apparently built in december 2010, i purchased it end of january 2011 and because it was built in 2010 i missed out by a month on the extra features of aux input and steering wheel controls.

!Removed! off aint the word! haha.

Well anyway it doesnt seem like going to be able to fit it aftermarket, got told to go to ford parts on monday but i went there this afternoon and the guy didnt seem to know anything so doubt this is going to happen.

My dealer mentioned someone called JY AUTOS who fit bluetooth systems in but thats like £200+ apparently.

Is there any aftermarket stereo i can fit in my fiesta as i rely on the aux connection for sat nav and my music, got an fm transmitter but thats dog sh*te!

The dashboard is a funny shape so wondering if possible to fit anything else and if its too complicated or not.

Any help appreciated :)

I reckon someone is taking the mick here out of you mate Ford 2011 cars started production in September 2010, mine was with the Sony Stereo, From atleast September 2010 the Studio is fitted with the steering wheel controls and aux, if you send me a pm with your VIN il check on ford etis for you, or you can do it yourself if you know how see the built date there is a chance it was built before september and that would explain it, As far aftermarket there is a few kits available but IMO they look crap, im a gadget fan and would love a touch screen system but i would miss my voice control so im gonna just wait for the DAB upgrade and stick with the standard but next car i want the new Ford Sync!

Well i checked myself, here are the details.

Primary Features

Build Date: 22.10.2009

Vehicle Line: Fiesta 2008-

Body Style: 3 Door Saloon

Version: Series 10

Engine: 1.25L Duratec 16V EFI(60PS) - Sigma

Transmission: 5 Speed Manual Transaxle - B5/IB5

Drive: RHD FWD

Axle Ratio: 4.06

Emission: Stage V Emissions

Air Conditioning:

Territory: (+)"GB"

Paint: Colorado Red

Interior Fabric: Max / Fairland

Says it was built in 2009 and i registered it in january 2011. The guy at ford told me it was built in december 2010, so either that website is talking sh*t or the dealer is but i cant imagine it being built in 2009 and not being sold till 2011. It only had 6 miles on the clock, so that would mean it would of had to be lying somewhere for 2 years.

What do you think?

But if they are advertising the car with aux/steering wheel controls in 2010 when i was looking at buying the car and then sold it without it.

Surely thats false advertisement?

As they've advertised something that doesnt exist in my car and what im thinking im paying for.

I would never of got a studio if i knew this wasnt going to be included as i use aux for sat nav and music, never use cds.

Gareth 14 months isnt unknown in a vehicle holding compound, look in your stickers in either the Passenger or Driver door i think it says in one of them the built date aswell, ETIS isnt always right but that would explan it, as for false advertising as a law student i can tell you it isnt relevant as they always put * on there adverts saying only from 2011.0 cars, I do think it is !Removed! of them, i'd look around the forums and see if there is any threads on retrofitting Aux, steering wheel controls are an out as you would need a new wheel, which is just stupid but as for the aux it may be a simple cable but i have a feeling its more likely to need a whole new harness which would be bad, im really busy with uni work at the moment but when i get a chance il have a look at any aftermarket adapters for the oem stereo are available for you.

Unfortunately it is not possible to retrofit aux like it was on the mk6/6.5.

I bought an aux cable for the fiesta 2008> models, whether it will work or not as cant install till the weekend.

I bought an aux cable for the fiesta 2008> models, whether it will work or not as cant install till the weekend.

Let us know if it does work - I rang a Ford dealer on behalf of a friend that doesn't have it. They said they had tried installing it but didn't work.

what does it look like if it is simply two 3.5mm pins on each end that is just the one from the ipod etc to the cars connection which you dont have.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CTVXFOX003-FORD-FIESTA-MK7-AUX-INPUT-LEAD-NEW-/160330218505?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET&hash=item25546cfc09#ht_2729wt_982

this is what i said about, it appears to be the one that you need although i have never used one, with that you would need an rca to 3.5mm connection.

im not sure where the wire is buy connects2 says it is for the fiesta 2008> so for a tenner it has got to be worth a try.

Anthony

Yeah its a connect2 aux interface attachment with phono plugs on the end. Ive seen the back of a cd unit for the fiesta and it does have the plug socket for the grey connector but whether the system will pick it up and recognise it is another matter. If it doesnt work then ill just have to stick with the fm transmitter for 2 years and when i get a new car make sure it has an aux connection.

Will install tomorrow evening and will post an update.

it should work mate id imagine you would just press aux on the stereo. good luck, let us know how it goes!

It didnt work, fits in the stereo ok but the stereo doesnt pick it up. Nothing happened when i press the aux button.

Guess this connect2 cable is designed for fiestas that already have aux and maybe the owners broke the original.

Does anyone know where the software is installed? E.g in the stereo fascia, cd player box or the lcd screen?

Maybe if i bought one from a model that already has aux connection it would work.

I think your best option is to speak to your dealer explain you are annnoyed it didnt have it as standard and they fobbed u off with a car that old and see what they can do, be it retrofit and a discount or enable it by software on there comps and see if the connects 2 would then work.

I think your best option is to speak to your dealer explain you are annnoyed it didnt have it as standard and they fobbed u off with a car that old and see what they can do, be it retrofit and a discount or enable it by software on there comps and see if the connects 2 would then work.

I agree - I'd be seriously p****d off if I was told my car was built in Dec 2010 then I find out that it's been gathering dust somewhere for 2 years AND it doesn't come with what I expected! That dealer is lucky it wasn't me he dealt with because hell hath no fury like a woman fobbed off :angry:

He didnt tell me when it was built when i bought it but when i questioned him about there being no aux etc last week it was then he told me dec 2010 which was infact bull, it was 2009 as etis said, when i took the stereo apart all the stickers said 2009 aswell.

This is a link to where the website says its standard in the studio, it does not say just in 2011 cars anywhere and i know for a fact it was like that in 2010 as thats why i decided to go for this model as it said it was included. Very misleading and im still not happy about it.

http://www.config.ford.co.uk/fordconnection/multimedia/gbr_en/00w/yyh/gbr_en00wyyhintspc.htm

The fact i bought the car in 2011 and if its only included in 2011 models, i should be been given a car that was advertised in 2011 and not some model from 2009 with less features.

My Fiesta came with alot of things that spoiled me. Mainly the satellite radio. I ended up opting to have satellite radio on my phone as part of my package for the Fiesta and then had to figure out a way to play it in my other car. My other car has AUX input, but that is such a mess. Decided to try a bluetooth receiver adapter as well as an FM transmitter that also is a bluetooth receiver.

This is the bluetooth receiver I picked. You need an aux for it, but some of you guys might have an AUX, but no bluetooth which the problem with my other car. This is so I can stream Sirius radio and Pandora from my phone to my car's stereo that doesn't have bluetooth itself.

http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Remote-Stereo-Bluetooth-Gateway/dp/B00170KUM0/ref=pd_cp_cps_1

This is the FM transmitter I got, because I was looking for a nice gooseneck cradle for my phone that plugs into the lighter plug. The fact it also can transmit FM is a plus if I ever wanted to use my ipod classic in the car. If you don't have an AUX or bluetooth, this is probably a good alternative. From the reviews, sounds like sound quality is good.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038L495U

Was tempted to get this one

http://www.amazon.com/Transmitter-Hands-Free-Capability-Blackberry-Smartphones/dp/B003PPGOC0/ref=pd_cp_e_1

or this one to use my phone hands free, but the first one I linked sounds like it's solid for doing music streaming and that's mainly what I wanted.

http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-motorMOUTH-Bluetooth-Handsfree-Streaming/dp/B0036ORN2U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302040556&sr=8-1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club