Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise Control Lights on Ghia

Millsey

Hi all... Done a search and looked through various topics but couldn'd find an answer to my question so apologies if this has already been talked about.

I have recently bought an 06 1.6 Ghia and would like to know if the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel should "light up" when the lights are on. Mine don't obviously but every other car (even my GF new Punto) it seems has lights for the audio controls etc... it just seems a bit naff that Ford wouldn't do this either?

Thanks in advance.

thay do not light up on my mondy so i presume that the focus is the same, i think ford expect you to read brail by using the raised markings on the cruse controlls.

• 1 month later...
Not on my "55" Ghia

not on my "58" XT still no light

if they work on the new Fiesta I would think they will come on the Face lift Focus 2010

• 11 years later...

hi, i have a 57 plate focus ghia mk2, i noticed this an thanks to these forums was disappointed to find this out but obviously pleased it wasn't a problem with the car. my question is, does anyone know if the right shape is available from another model that could be fitted to have the convenience of lit up buttons? just a thought. 🙂

These Cruise Control switches were only used on the Focus MK2/MK2.5, C-max MK1/MK1.5 and Kuga MK1. None of these models did have illuminated Cruise Control switches.

yes and a flipping nuisance....  

Its not my daily driver and at night on unlit roads you can't work out how to turn it on...  why we have this child proof, enable first, then set speed second is pathetic...   real cars still do it the adult way - u turn it on and it works !!!

Random thought, get some glow-in the dark paint and then clear coat it. Should help seeing the buttons in the dark. I did this in a old Land Rover, when the dash board lights conked out.

6 hours ago, Botus said:

yes and a flipping nuisance....  

Its not my daily driver and at night on unlit roads you can't work out how to turn it on...  why we have this child proof, enable first, then set speed second is pathetic...   real cars still do it the adult way - u turn it on and it works !!!

What is your daily out of interest?

This was one of my annoyances with the Focus as well.  I activated cruise with ELMConfig for a few people after fitting it to my own Mk2.5.  On one of the cars I did, it worked immediately without having to switch it on first, just press set...never could work out that happened but it was a happy accident for the owner! :laugh:

19 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

What is your daily out of interest?

This was one of my annoyances with the Focus as well.  I activated cruise with ELMConfig for a few people after fitting it to my own Mk2.5.  On one of the cars I did, it worked immediately without having to switch it on first, just press set...never could work out that happened but it was a happy accident for the owner! :laugh:

in the current covid situation nothing
then a bicycle (goodness knows how u guys cope with engineered in traffic chaos)
then one of 3 motorbikes
then a S500 merc with all the toys, incl TV (most pointless feature ever fitted to a car), radar cruise (that does stop start in traffic),  its easily the worlds worse car - seats, ride, handling some 5000% off that of a mk 2 focus, the reliability is by a factor of any vehicle I've ever known, some 10 million % off track.  its a total joke of a vehicle.... only is straight line performance is "adequate".  it would be cheaper to have a uber on standby (but that would be immoral..)

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club