Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.8 Petrol (2008) Duratec He Titanium

greggp

anyone elese have a 1.8 petrol duratec engine - mines a 2008 titanium model?

Not sure if this is just a normal thing for ford cars or not? Driveability seems fine and no other issues with engine touch wood!

However I have noticed that when I am a sat stationary at traffic lights for instance with neutral engaged I can feel what I can only describe as vibrations/shudders from the engine - is this a normal occurence on the ford engines? I have read somewhere that this kind of thing could be down to the engine fighting to keep emissions low!

Am I correct in thinking the 1.8 version is not the smoothest of idle?

I drove a Mondeo 2.0 TDCO few months back I to be honest the stationary idle wasn't that great on that but I just put it down to being a diesel.

I own a 2009 1.8 Focus Style with the same engine and it idles quietly and smoothly, if fact you hardly know the engines running!

anyone elese have a 1.8 petrol duratec engine - mines a 2008 titanium model?

Not sure if this is just a normal thing for ford cars or not? Driveability seems fine and no other issues with engine touch wood!

However I have noticed that when I am a sat stationary at traffic lights for instance with neutral engaged I can feel what I can only describe as vibrations/shudders from the engine - is this a normal occurence on the ford engines? I have read somewhere that this kind of thing could be down to the engine fighting to keep emissions low!

Am I correct in thinking the 1.8 version is not the smoothest of idle?

I drove a Mondeo 2.0 TDCO few months back I to be honest the stationary idle wasn't that great on that but I just put it down to being a diesel.

i also have noticed a slight shudder when at idle doesnt happen all the time though mine is a 2010 1.8 zetec ..what revs are showing at idle

mine is about 800 ..

when the engine has armed up, mine purrs very smoothly, no shaking or vibrations

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club