Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting A Cusco Strut Brace To A Mk7 Fiesta

kabz77

Good evening, I purchased a Cusco strut brace for my mk7 Fez and got my mechanic to try and fit it today - what a nightmare! Its not as straight forward as I thought. The plastic that sits in-between the engine and cabin (cant think of the technical name) gets in the way, I've taken a picture of the problem but cant figure out how to upload it to this thread. Has anyone else fitted a Cusco strut brace to their mk7? What do I need to do to get it to fit, any advice will be really appreciated.

Thank you

You have to cut two windows in the scuttle panel, best thing to do is offer up the strut brace and place/mount it as best as possible. Then mark the scuttle panel with something like tippex where the two vertical sections(one each side) on the braces turret plates hit the scuttle panel. Remove said panel and cut a window out to accommodate the two vertical sections of the turret plates.

Hope that helps.

JZSK you fez sounds a beast from your sig, you should defiantly put up a progress thread or something!

Sorry for off topic reply!

JZSK - thank you for the reply

If theres anyone in the London area thats fitted a Cusco strut brace and would like to earn a few quid to fit mine please give me a shout.

Thank you