Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrade to remote central locking - How much?

manc_ian

Hi

Im new to this forum so hello to everyone.

Ive just bought a Fiesta Flame 1.4 53 Reg 3 door in Black. The car came with the usual red chip and blue chip keys and does have central locking (the indicators do flash when i lock the car).

The thing is my previous 2 cars had remote central locking and i really am missing the remote option, especially in the dark when you cant see the key hole.

Doe anyone know how much it would be to upgrade to remote central locking through a ford dealer or can it actually be done?

Help much appreciated.

Ian

yeah can be done theres lots of aftermarket options most add alarm too. not cheap though . the system ( all gubbings cables the lot) anywhere from £ 80- £350. then if you cant fit it and you dont just plug in one wire like the old days. you have to plug into locking module run your own cables drill into bulk head. around £100 to fit . some mobile fitters may cut price if they supply and fit. you could just buy one of those small torches on the key chain . hope ive helped and not depressed.

yeah can be done theres lots of aftermarket options most add alarm too. not cheap though . the system ( all gubbings cables the lot) anywhere from £ 80- £350. then if you cant fit it and you dont just plug in one wire like the old days. you have to plug into locking module run your own cables drill into bulk head. around £100 to fit . some mobile fitters may cut price if they supply and fit. you could just buy one of those small torches on the key chain . hope ive helped and not depressed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club