Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Syncmyride And Other Ipod/iphone Issue

ffiscool

You can always tell a new ford owner eh... all my questions

i have now got the ipod to work with the usb and the jack into the aux etc

i cannot get my iPhone to play though - it says connected and i have the option of clicking dock or ford audio but neither makes a difference... i thought I read on here about issues with the iPhone, but cannot now find where.. so any suggestions please?

also, when playing the ipod, how do you turn it on or off and can you pause? obviously, I dont want to be looking down at the ipod when driving

so that is one part of my question and the other.. do we 2011 fiesta owners have the syncmyride already on? found the usa website and tried entering my VIN but it doesnt recognise me... and is the system, what we already have with the voice controlled commands system??? and do we have Pandora?

sorry to be a bit dim here, but not had these gadgets before in any car and would like to use them fully if poss

thanks everyone

I connect my ipod and iPhone to my car depending on what i want to listen to.

The ipod is always connected with both the USB and 3.5mm jack when being used. Then by selecting USB i get the whole playlists like the ipod itself, where i control using the main stereo. If you want those controls for your iPhone the same connection needs to be made.

Usually i just connect the iPhone with bluetooth, but you cant view the tracks etc... though. You can still skip tracks and go back. So i just make a playlist and start it when i get in the car. This is the best option for me as the phone is connected and i can use the phonebook in the car too.

Hope this answers everything i know.

Rob

thank you.. yes i guess that is the way to go.. use my ipod for music and the phone for the phone. i think though the phone should work the same as the ipod but i get no music from mine when i do connect the same way... odd nonetheless?

Thanks. Does that mean it can't take/make

calls at the same time?

Hi,

Slightly off topic here..but if you have a USB drive for music in the fiesta what is the best way to arrange the music on the USB to make it easy to access each album or artist as I have quite a few?

I did try doing a search but it just kept coming up with nothing.

Thanks

hi, not got that far yet, and the usb is the apple one so it charges at the same time, although its a squash having the usb and jack in, as the jack is quite big.. i think some said you make your own playlist first?

Yeah I think that is the way to do it..unless I just go out and buy an iPod

you could always buy a cheaper mp3 or even a shuffle.. just to play your music etc.. although not sure if the shuffle would display, as they dont on their own

i now have ipod in the car, not that i listen to music that much of my own source, usually have radiio on... but if you have iPhone then another apple is the way really as you can copy over your music etc

I have an iPhone 4 but I have heard that if you're playing music through that with the USB and 3.5 Jack and then get a phone call through the bluetooth it can cause the sourcing to be wrong and keep reverting from USB to bluetooth Streaming?

I could be wrong but thats what I seem to get from what people have said in other topics?

yes it seems that you cant have iPhone 4 to play music and take calls, and i think to do it thru usb etc, then you need bluetooth off...

seems crazy but ...........

so i wont mess with iPhone yet until i hear different. you would think though that with modern day technology, you could do all of these things easily

Would make sense wouldn't it but oh well..

I'll just get an iPod or USB drive..probably the easiest solution

do Ford have a website where they will answer tech questions? should be eh.. unless it is an apple issue.. which wouldnt suprise me

ah yes.. I was trying to not use bluetooth though.. but its fine to do it that way

do we 2011 fiesta owners have the syncmyride already on? found the usa website and tried entering my VIN but it doesnt recognise me...

I tried this when I first got my car, turns out we don't have "Ford/Microsoft Sync", we just have standard bluetooth hands free + a few voice commands.

Fords Sync system will apparently be lauched globally next year - only then may we get to control mobile phone apps and "services" (news, weather, sport, directions etc) through voice commands like the Americans can.

:)

Paul

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club