Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Titanium 1.6

Tato

Hello everybody!

I am struggling to decide whether I should buy the Fiesta Titanium 1.6 Sport Kit or a Vw Polo 1.2 TSI.

I have some questions, maybe you can help me out, please :)

Should I buy the 3 doors version (I am 26 years old, no kids)? Is there enough room in the back compared to the 5 doors?

Are the Ford spare parts cheaper compared to Vw?

Does it have any particular technical problem that I should be aware of?

Help me out here, please guys :)

Any advice would be really appreciated!

They are both good cars, solid designs and good value.

VW is slightly dearer for parts and servicing as we found out with my mums old golf and polo.

3 doors is plenty, plus adds a sporty look. Leg room wise, my friends never complain about space so must be ok.

I think its mainly down to you, test drive each and you'll soon know which one you want.

Hope this helps a little

Rob

VW is slightly dearer for parts and servicing as we found out with my mums old golf and polo.

3 doors is plenty, plus adds a sporty look. Leg room wise, my friends never complain about space so must be ok.

I think its mainly down to you, test drive each and you'll soon know which one you want.

Hope this helps a little

Rob

I did test drive the 1.2 TSI and it seemed powerful for that small car, but unfortunately I can't test drive the 1.6 Fiesta. Can you tell me more about the 1.6 engine? Is it good for the car?

I just went through this same decision. I was going for either a VW Polo SE 1.6 TDi, Skoda Fabia SE 1.6 TDi or Fiesta Zetec 1.6 TDCi. Having driven all three, the Zetec ticked all the boxes for me. The spec was just better for a start - standard-fit fogs and quickclear windscreen were important to me, as I often drive to work at Heathrow at 4am. I don't fancy scraping windscreens at that time of night. Standard ESP was also a plus on the Fiesta.

The Ford just felt nicer to drive and definitely livlier. The Polo delivers a very 'mature' drive, but the Fiesta is just more fun. I'm 'only' 37, so I still like a bit of fun in my ride!

Finally, Ford were much more willing to offer sizeable discounts. They initially said "we only have £600 profit in a Fiesta to play with", which became a £2500 discount. VW didn't want to play ball and the dealers attitude sucked too.

Whichever you go for, I think both vehicles have their merits - the VW is all about quality and maturity but is a bit bland, IMHO. The 1.2 TSI engine is a cracker though. 105PS from a 1.2 litre is pretty decent. For me, the Fiesta is all about fun, value for money, great spec and low running costs.

Best of luck with your choice.

i agree with the above, the VW range seems to be quite bland interior wise from what ive seen!

The 1.6 petrol engine is great if im honest. It's not the "fastest" engine, but its got a kick and is fun to drive. I still love driving mine now and i have had it about 7 months. Its not bad for MPG, i dont average too good as i drive quickish (so my own doing), but if i do drive greenly my "miles to go til fill up" display always increases rather than go down each mile. So im sure if i drove better it'd get a decent amount per tank.

The 1.6 diesel engine ive driven very limited but again it seems a nice drive too, my mum has no complaints about it...

Sorry i dont really review things, so thats my basic bit on my car, however there are plenty of guys and gals on here who can go into more detail for you.

Rob

Hope this helps a little

Rob

Yep, only you can know what you prefer at the end of the day. My new Fiesta Titanium is the first 5 door car I have ever owned. I loved my 3 door Zetec but for practical reasons I went with the 5 door when I upgraded to the latest Titanium model. To be honest, there's very little difference in space at the back. If I were you I'd go for the 3 door but that's only because when I was 26 with no kids I didn't care about people climbing over the front seats to get in the back :D

As for whether you go for the VW or Ford all I can say is that I've never had a major problems with any of the Fords I've owned and the minor problems were relatively cheap to fix, although others on this forum may well have a different experience

i agree with the above, the VW range seems to be quite bland interior wise from what ive seen!

The 1.6 petrol engine is great if im honest. It's not the "fastest" engine, but its got a kick and is fun to drive. I still love driving mine now and i have had it about 7 months. Its not bad for MPG, i dont average too good as i drive quickish (so my own doing), but if i do drive greenly my "miles to go til fill up" display always increases rather than go down each mile. So im sure if i drove better it'd get a decent amount per tank.

The 1.6 diesel engine ive driven very limited but again it seems a nice drive too, my mum has no complaints about it...

Sorry i dont really review things, so thats my basic bit on my car, however there are plenty of guys and gals on here who can go into more detail for you.

Rob

Thank you Rob. I don't want reviews, just opinions :)

I tested the 1.25 benzine engine and I was not that impressed, therefore I really hope that the 1.6 will do much better :)

well im impressed with the 1.6 engine, i do enjoy driving it!

i reckon if you can, nip to a different dealers and ask to test drive a 1.6, it'll be the same as the one you want to buy. Just so you get a generally feel of it.

I was stupid in a sense i didnt even test drive my car, i just bought it haha, but i have no regrets!

well im impressed with the 1.6 engine, i do enjoy driving it!

i reckon if you can, nip to a different dealers and ask to test drive a 1.6, it'll be the same as the one you want to buy. Just so you get a generally feel of it.

I was stupid in a sense i didnt even test drive my car, i just bought it haha, but i have no regrets!

Unfortunately the local dealer does not have the 1.6 engine. Only the 1.25 for drive test.

ahh, is there a reason you can test the 1.6 you were looking at, or is the car a "special" order?

The car will be a "special" order. People buy a lot 1.25 engines.

Anyway, I guess 1.6 (120) should be fine for a small and light car like Fiesta.

What audio should I choose? I want something nice :)

It is plenty, as much as i'd like a Ferrari/Porsche there are still speed limits.

Do you mean the standard head unit or sony unit?

If so i really want the sony headunit, but cannot get so, i cant advise really.

Ive only ever upgraded my old cars stereo units/speakers. So not wise with that in the fiesta

Sorry.

It is plenty, as much as i'd like a Ferrari/Porsche there are still speed limits.

Do you mean the standard head unit or sony unit?

If so i really want the sony headunit, but cannot get so, i cant advise really.

Ive only ever upgraded my old cars stereo units/speakers. So not wise with that in the fiesta

Sorry.

One other thing, your white rims are 17inch?

yeah there 17" matey!

Nice choice :)

By the way, Titanium comes with 15inch right? Do you know which 15 inch?

One other thing, what is the warranty offered by Ford for the paint and for the corrosion?

im sure the alloys provided are which you choose, mine were standard on my model of car.

Just ask your dealer, my mums titanium has the 16" multispoke alloys

As for the paint, im unsure if im honest

im sure the alloys provided are which you choose, mine were standard on my model of car.

Just ask your dealer, my mums titanium has the 16" multispoke alloys

As for the paint, im unsure if im honest

Thanks mate!

By the way, is it easy to replace a light-bulb?

I love the 1.6 petrol engine. Put your foot down and it is really quite lively once the revs get above 3500 or so. Mine also makes a very turbo like sound in second gear from 2500 - 6000 revs. Even my mum liked the sound of it and the slight shove in the back of your seat when I dropped it down into second to overtake a very slow moving car.

The engine is nice and quiet when warm and will happily sit in 5th gear at 30 mph which helps it acheive good MPG in town.

Nice choice :)

By the way, Titanium comes with 15inch right? Do you know which 15 inch?

One other thing, what is the warranty offered by Ford for the paint and for the corrosion?

My 2011 Titanium comes with 16" 15-spoke alloys as standard & the Sony, six speaker, stereo (which I love). I went for the 7 spoke alloys

The full spec is at www.ford.co.uk

Thanks mate!

By the way, is it easy to replace a light-bulb?

Just changed all my front lights this weekend; dipped beam, main beam, sidelights & indicators. It is not what I would call easy, but it is fairly straightforward. Took me just over an hour, but I was taking my time. I found that patience was the key to getting it right & once you have done one side the other side is easier as you know what to expect.

This guide should help you, I used a combination of this & the handbook:

The Mk7 Fiesta Bulb Change Guide

It also lists the different bulb types you will need.

Just changed all my front lights this weekend; dipped beam, main beam, sidelights & indicators. It is not what I would call easy, but it is fairly straightforward. Took me just over an hour, but I was taking my time. I found that patience was the key to getting it right & once you have done one side the other side is easier as you know what to expect.

This guide should help you, I used a combination of this & the handbook:

The Mk7 Fiesta Bulb Change Guide

It also lists the different bulb types you will need.

That's one thing which I don't really like. You have to take out all the front light in order to replace them ...

The titanium comes with a standard sony head-unit now, as long as it's been made recently, this is what you'll get, this is the better of the two.

The 1.6 is a really nice engine, I used to own a 1.25 mk6 fiesta, and I can assure you the 1.6 is ALOT better. And if that isn't enough for you Mountune offer a 140ps and 155ps upgrade, which is recognised by all major insurers, and maintains your ford warranty.

The first time I changed my lights it took me about 45 mins, first one taking 30mins and 2nd one 15 mins, though I recently blew a dipped bulb, and I had it out and back in within 5 minutes. It's not too bad once you know what you're doing, it's not convenient but I can live with that, cus it's such a great car!

I've never driven the new polo, however my dad has had one recently for a 600mile business trek. He said he much preferred the fiesta (he regularly drives my mums 1.4 TDCI, and mine occasionally). It's up to you if you trust his advice, I know I don't!

1year paint & 12year perforation.

My 2011 Titanium comes with 16" 15-spoke alloys as standard & the Sony, six speaker, stereo (which I love). I went for the 7 spoke alloys

The full spec is at www.ford.co.uk

Sony radio has 8 Speakers, not 6 :) ETIS will be able to tell you if you wish to double check.

Thanks guys for all the info.

Regarding the sound, I will get the package:Radio Cd ICE pack 4 with Mp3 (6 speakers), is that any good?

I am thinking about buying a white Fiesta, what do you guys think?