Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Folding Door Mirror

Tato

Hello everybody

Is there any place where I could order some folding door mirrors for one fiesta mk7?

Thanks in advance!

I thought you were buying a titanium? They come as standard

I thought you were buying a titanium? They come as standard

In the UK they do :)

Thanks mate, any shop that ships to other EU countries?

I would double check that they have electric fold before you order though as it doesn't state they do.

I would double check that they have electric fold before you order though as it doesn't state they do.

Sure mate, I will check it out before :)

Thanks

they do list power fold mirrors under the mk7 section and will ship to other countries,just make sure your car has the wiring and relays in place for the mirrors.

they do list power fold mirrors under the mk7 section and will ship to other countries,just make sure your car has the wiring and relays in place for the mirrors.

you mean mk8, right?

at least I've found them under that category.

I think the problem is, Tato's MK7 is different to their MK7. They have what we call the MK7 as MK8.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone successfully fitted power fold mirrors to the new fiesta?

I have just picked up a Zetec S and am thinking of fitting them.

What sort of cost will i be looking at?

Thanks

You need the mirrors and programming

There is no relay, it's built into the GEM. Whether it can be programmed I don't know. You'd need someone who knows what they're doing.

You need the mirrors and programming

There is no relay, it's built into the GEM. Whether it can be programmed I don't know. You'd need someone who knows what they're doing.

Probably it's complicated if not impossible job...

Sorry I got that wrong, it's the ECU that needs programming, NOT the GEM module.

Sorry I got that wrong, it's the ECU that needs programming, NOT the GEM module.

Still seems complicated :D

By the way, do you think Ford could do it?

Do you know what is involved? other than the ECU are the mirrors easy enough to fit? i would imagine that ford could do it, anyone got a service coming up and could ask about it? quite fancy rear parking sensors too :/

Do you know what is involved? other than the ECU are the mirrors easy enough to fit? i would imagine that ford could do it, anyone got a service coming up and could ask about it? quite fancy rear parking sensors too :/

Not 100%

I know a guy from another forum who changed his 1.4 Titanium engine to a 1.6 Zetec S engine - all he swapped was the engine loom, ECU and clocks/keys for immobiliser issues.

Nothing else was changed.

He lost power folds because of it. This narrows down powerfold functionality to either the ECU, engine loom or clock set. Therefore the most sensible answer is the ECU controls it.

Whether there is any additional interior wiring I don't know. Check the wing mirror plugs and see if all wire locations are populated, if so, odds are the wiring is all there.

Not 100%

I know a guy from another forum who changed his 1.4 Titanium engine to a 1.6 Zetec S engine - all he swapped was the engine loom, ECU and clocks/keys for immobiliser issues.

Nothing else was changed.

He lost power folds because of it. This narrows down powerfold functionality to either the ECU, engine loom or clock set. Therefore the most sensible answer is the ECU controls it.

Whether there is any additional interior wiring I don't know. Check the wing mirror plugs and see if all wire locations are populated, if so, odds are the wiring is all there.

Do you know if he lost cruise control?

Hmm ill have a look around see what i can make of it. really like the idea of the mirrors folding in when you lock the car! :)

Btw...do you guys know what the loop is for on the seatbelts? seams completely random.

Cheers

I contacted Ford and they gave me the price for the folding mirrors but they first need to see the car in order to check if it has all that it's needed for this operation :D

what price did they quote?

what price did they quote?

139 euros/mirror.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club