Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No spare wheel !

davethescoot

Most salesmen might miss the fact out because they want to sell and deliver a car they got in stock this is wrong and ford have said to dealerships we must tell customers that the cat has no spare wheel in I've of two situations either when customer orders car or on the hand over of the car

I might understand if the car was in a holding pen and you buy it as they have it. But if you order a car that has to be built first (like me) there is no excuse for not giving you the option. My sales lady is off work today so will have to try tomorrow.

I might understand if the car was in a holding pen and you buy it as they have it. But if you order a car that has to be built first (like me) there is no excuse for not giving you the option. My sales lady is off work today so will have to try tomorrow.

Even when built from factory unless stated when ordered ford will not put a spare in unless u asked for one. Many manufactures are now going down this route it is a cost cutting exercise and salesmen also think this is a silly idea but we have no say in the matter any complaint will have to go to ford. All you can compalin about is that the salesman did not tell u or offer u the no cost option of a wheel

Even when built from factory unless stated when ordered ford will not put a spare in unless u asked for one. Many manufactures are now going down this route it is a cost cutting exercise and salesmen also think this is a silly idea but we have no say in the matter any complaint will have to go to ford. All you can compalin about is that the salesman did not tell u or offer u the no cost option of a wheel

Thanks for the help with what to say :) Hopefully it should work out ok.

You do all realise that most new cars come with a can of tyre weld, or similar, as a space saving method!?

All you have to do is connect it to a tyre and press, hey presto, tyre is good for a few miles again!!!

Saves weight and space, as mentioned, also easier than getting dirty and changing a trye in the dark or wet!

Just thought i'd mention it seeing as so many people have no clue

I agree that it's OK as a quick fix but the problem is that most people don't know that the tyre will be rendered totally useless by this foam so that's why the spare wheel is a far better option.

And what's more Ford don't charge you a penny extra for it!

BMW do and I suspect other manufacturers are the same but Ford give it to you for nothing--you've just got to make sure that you know before you place the order!!!

• 3 months later...
Hello

I am afraif that the new shape Fiesta comes with the tyre inflator kit as standard. Its all to do with Ford trying to save weight and make the car economical.

However, if you are prepared to wait then you can have the car supplied with a spare wheel and a jack, but this is factory order only and takes around 6 weeks. Thankfully though it does not cost any extra.

If you have already taken delivery of your new fiesta and it has the tyre inflator, then it is possible for you to BUY a standard steel spare wheel, have a tyre fitted to it, and also buy a jack etc from your dealer. You can then just pop these in the boot yourself in place of the inflator. The parts yiu will need are aws follows:

> steel spare wheel

> tyre (plus valve plus balancing)

> foam tray

> jack

> wheel nut spanner (if not already present)

> central threaded spindle to secure wheel to boot floor

You just then assemble the above and put them in the spare wheel well in place on the inflator kit.

I totally agree with your comments - the inflator kit is ok for minor punctures, but any gouge in the tyre wall bigger than 4mm and you will need a tow truck. This is not good.

I ordered my Zetec from the factory with a conventional spare. It took 6 weeks to arrive, but its worth it to have the peace of mind of a conventional spare wheel.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mav'

Would like to kow what the Ford part numbers are against the list of items needed to convert from the tyre inflation kit to the spare wheel optin.

It's the size of wheel and tyre spec I need confirmation on.

Can't get any sense out of Ford or their dealer.

And what's more Ford don't charge you a penny extra for it!

BMW do and I suspect other manufacturers are the same but Ford give it to you for nothing--you've just got to make sure that you know before you place the order!!!

Used to be free, it is now a £30 option, anything to get your money!!!!

I got a spare wheel, which i was surprised about because i never asked for one :)

Used to be free, it is now a £30 option, anything to get your money!!!!

Yep...... i had to order mine when i ordered the car, cost me £30, but i hate the tyre inflation kits, if your puncture is big, it goes everywhere ....believe me :P

Mine came with a spare wheel but no carpets!

The dealer said they would give me the carpets for free, I was like WTF? Shouldn't it be as standard as a steering wheel?

Mine came with a spare wheel but no carpets!

The dealer said they would give me the carpets for free, I was like WTF? Shouldn't it be as standard as a steering wheel?

WTF! No carpet?!?! Thats mental!

WTF! No carpet?!?! Thats mental!

It's true, I've just had to order a set for my Fiesta. Hopefully they'll arrive soon, the dust is annoying me on the floor.

Where does the spare wheel and the wheel brace etc sit within the boot space ??

Where does the tyre repair kit sit ??

Those of you who have got a spare wheel how much space is left in the boot now ??

The Fiesta we test drove, when I looked had a very small luggage space (no spare) so how small is it when it has a spare wheel inside ??

Anyone ??