Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aux Button Does Not Work On Zetec S 60 Plate

Jedilard

Hi Everyone

Just picked up my 60 plate Zetec S today and this afternoon tried the aux input with my iPhone. I have a USB / aux connector on the fiesta but don't have the bluetooth option.

I've got a 3.5m jack connected which worked fine with my mazda. However the aux input does not work and pressing the button on the stereo does nothing.

I think it faulty but want to check with other owners in case I'm missing something obvious.

Aux is separate to bluetooth, which comes with USB.

To get songs to play through your car with just the Aux, you'll need a 3.5mm jack -> 3.5mm jack. One end into the car, the other into your earphone socket. You won't be able to control the MP3/Phone through the car, or anything fancy, it'll just play music through the stereo.

HTH

Thank for the replies.

By the 12v socket I have a USB socket and jack plug socket. However I don't have bluetooth as the guy from

Ford wanted to charge me £400 to fit it as he said the module isn't installed.

Also from the radio menu the bluetooth option states it's off and won't let me turn it on.

I have a 3.5m cable from my last car which worked fine but trying to play through my fiesta does nothing. Pressing the aux button does nothing as well

Something really isnt right here, if you have the USB connection it should obviously work also it means you should have the bluetooth aswell as it is one pack, so when you push aux it does nothing, what happens when you press the voice button (also part of the BT/VC and USB pack) its on the left indicator stalk in the middle of the stalk. It should beep and come up on the screen, if it doesent then im gonna have to assume its gonna be a trip to a dealership.

I do remember once with my mk6 with bt/vc after reconnecting it didnt work, i simply unplugged the stereo left it 5 minutes then reconnected and it worked fine, if you are happy to dismantle your top dashboard, it is easy, i dont it on my 60 plate titanium and unplug the read part of the stereo (the bit the cd goes in) and leave it, it may be worth a try if not it is gonna be Ford and if i were you question him why you have USB and not bluetooth i assume either hes being stupid or hes lieing as if you have that USB you have bluetooth!

Also just looked on Ford Configurator it is a £200 option for Bluetooth, VC and USB.

Thank for the replies.

By the 12v socket I have a USB socket and jack plug socket. However I don't have Bluetooth as the guy from

Ford wanted to charge me £400 to fit it as he said the module isn't installed.

Also from the radio menu the Bluetooth option states it's off and won't let me turn it on.

I have a 3.5m cable from my last car which worked fine but trying to play through my fiesta does nothing. Pressing the aux button does nothing as well

I have to say this sounds a bit dodgy. I take it you bought the car second hand? The car clearly had the bluetooth and VC with USB fitted from new so is your dealer trying to get a bit more cash out of you by disabling the bluetooth module and then charging you to reconnect it? Nice scam I must say if true! Take your car to another Ford dealer and report it as a fault and see what they say.

Thanks guys I'm going to take to a local Ford garage.

I bought it from a Ford owned dealership in Stockport on Friday and it's an ex demonstrator. I'm loathed to think the guy was trying to scam me - perhaps he knew it was bust and was trying to get me to pay for the repair- hope not.

Thing he didn't ever say it had bluetooth, just states it has the normal aux in.

Oh well it's only 6 months old so hopefully the Gloucester dealership by me will sort it out without any hassle.

Thanks and I will report back what they say.

Thanks guys I'm going to take to a local Ford garage.

I bought it from a Ford owned dealership in Stockport on Friday and it's an ex demonstrator. I'm loathed to think the guy was trying to scam me - perhaps he knew it was bust and was trying to get me to pay for the repair- hope not.

Thing he didn't ever say it had Bluetooth, just states it has the normal aux in.

Oh well it's only 6 months old so hopefully the Gloucester dealership by me will sort it out without any hassle.

Thanks and I will report back what they say.

Does it definately have the USB slot at the side of the Aux socket as in pic below

DSC01137.jpg

Also I think it should have a 1-9 keypad if it's got bluetooth and the large display head unit.

Try taking out the USB/Aux panel, see if it's all wired up. It's likely there may have been a breakdown in communication when your car was built, and was fitted with the USB/Aux instead of just the Aux, but as you didn't order the USB/BT option, the USB probably wont be wired up to anything.

MRC i dont think a mix up is plasible, im not saying impossible but as i said unlikely, Sounds to me like as above its been disabled as a scam by the dealer or the module is facked , either way its under warranty. Deal with it mate good luck!

What ever has happened the mystery will be solved when I take it in for them to either wire up the AUX in or fix the bluetooth.

The only reason I can see that MRC would be correct is that as its an ex-demonstrator they may have just fitted the facia USB/AUX from the bluetooth option to show customers where it is in the car?

Thanks for the help guys and I will let you all know what the answer is.

I had an intermittent AUX issue. The UX button would do nothing, and neither would the voice control activation button on the indicator stalk. There is a software upgrade for the this module, and it has not re-occurred since.

Hi

My Mk7 has bluetooth with voice control, usb and aux and it works just fine but I'd just like to pick up the point made by some owner's regarding the "the voice control activation button on the indicator stalk" which 'beeps' when you first press it. I've use it many times and I've not heard any beep, but to be honest, I was not aware that there should be a beep.

Is this 'beep' loud and does it need to be turned on 'in settings'?

When I go to work tomorrow morning, I'll listen out for the beep and report back.

BHeart

I am on my second Fiesta, both with voice control/aux/bluetooth. Both have a loud audible beep when you press and hold the voice control activation button on the indicator stalk. This is the prompt to chat with stern Ford woman who will select your device on your command. It would appear we have opposite noises but both get where we need. Would not appear to be uncommon theme on the MK7, as there appears to have been many changes to software and displays since its release when reading this forum.

The beep has been on all Fords iv owned with voice control it literally it a chirp noise just after the music mutes then she says command please or something.

there is no settings it is just there, but if the volume is down low you wont hear it.

Anthony

My 31st october 2008 build titanium, and 13 december 2010 build S have the same beep, and same stern woman!

So my car went into another dealer today who had a look at it and called me to say that the Aux won't work as the bluetooth module is missing. On bluetooth versions the AUX is not a separate connection into the stereo head unit and forms part of the connection into the bluetooth module. The guy also pulled up a list of features that the car should of had when it left the factory amd guess what it should of had a Bluetooth module.

Phoned Polar Ford and they are going to look into it, but he stressed that they made it clear that there was no Bluetooth module when they sold it to me. Thats actually fine - as they did - but they advertised that it did have a Aux in socket for me to connect my ipod so they will now need to figure out how to get me a working aux into the car.

My guess is that it came in with a Bluetooth module and either someone has nicked it or they another one of their cars had a faulty bluetooth module and they swapped it out.

I will keep you posted

when i bought my, i had same problem, but with voice command you can activate the aux...

I thin you press the voice command button and wait, she will tel you the options, i thin it was something like "activate external device"

it was nearly 2 years ago...

i had a similar problem with mine, quite literally took 10 mins for them to do, and was free... then a month later it went again, and took the bluetooth out with it, and yet again they did it free and its all been fine now...

and with the above post, you activate voice command, say "external device", then if you have a simple aux line in, its "line in", but for usb i not too sure

• 2 weeks later...

Little update. Looks likely that Polar Ford are going send me the bluetooth module. The technicians I've spoken to confirm the option where either put a module in or rewire the whole audio system.

The module costs £272 (confirmed) which is going to be cheaper than a rewire. I'm going to put it in myself as it looks like a 30second job.

Will let you know the final resolution. Cheers guys.

does the car register as having USB / bluetooth on ETIS? which ford dealer did you buy it from? this still doesnt sound right - but good luck with fitting it yourself :)

The factory list of features clearly states it came with bluetooth a local dealer to me checked it out and confirmed that the only thing missing was the bluetooth Module. All the wiring etc is in place. The garage that sold it to me were very clear that it didn't have the module but didn't tell me the aux in didn't work as a result of it. They sold it to me with an aux in advertised and I checked it had it before I bought it. Its clear they are liable for providing me an aux in, but not giving me bluetooth.

The module itself costs £272 (I've checked this with another dealer) and even fordparts quoted me £252. I've agreed to contribute £50 and the dealer will put up the rest, I probably could of pushed for them to pay for it all but I can't be bothered to push it further. I am getting bluetooth for £50 after all.

The module is located under the glove box and is just a case of plugging to cables into it - a 2 minute job a most. If it still doesn't work then I can get it repaired on warranty as there will then be nothing officially missing.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club