38 replies to this topic

#16 Dougal

Dougal

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Name: Craig
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Focus Zetec 1.6TDCI (115)
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:54 PM

I am on my second Fiesta, both with voice control/aux/bluetooth. Both have a loud audible beep when you press and hold the voice control activation button on the indicator stalk. This is the prompt to chat with stern Ford woman who will select your device on your command. It would appear we have opposite noises but both get where we need. Would not appear to be uncommon theme on the MK7, as there appears to have been many changes to software and displays since its release when reading this forum.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 antman99

antman99

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.6 TDCI

Posted 05 April 2011 - 04:24 PM

The beep has been on all Fords iv owned with voice control it literally it a chirp noise just after the music mutes then she says command please or something.

there is no settings it is just there, but if the volume is down low you wont hear it.

Anthony

#18 mark t

mark t

Local Rep: Yorkshire

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3 1.6L EcoBoost SCTi
  • Year: 2014

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:41 PM

My 31st october 2008 build titanium, and 13 december 2010 build S have the same beep, and same stern woman!

#19 Jedilard

Jedilard

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:34 PM

So my car went into another dealer today who had a look at it and called me to say that the Aux won't work as the Bluetooth module is missing. On Bluetooth versions the AUX is not a separate connection into the stereo head unit and forms part of the connection into the Bluetooth module. The guy also pulled up a list of features that the car should of had when it left the factory amd guess what it should of had a Bluetooth module.

Phoned Polar Ford and they are going to look into it, but he stressed that they made it clear that there was no Bluetooth module when they sold it to me. Thats actually fine - as they did - but they advertised that it did have a Aux in socket for me to connect my ipod so they will now need to figure out how to get me a working aux into the car.

My guess is that it came in with a Bluetooth module and either someone has nicked it or they another one of their cars had a faulty bluetooth module and they swapped it out.

I will keep you posted

#20 Lez

Lez

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Name: Laszlo
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 TDCi
  • Year: 2009

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:21 PM

when i bought my, i had same problem, but with voice command you can activate the aux...
I thin you press the voice command button and wait, she will tel you the options, i thin it was something like "activate external device"
it was nearly 2 years ago...

#21 Nico.

Nico.

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Name: Ryan
  • Ford Model: Ford fiesta MK7

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:21 PM

i had a similar problem with mine, quite literally took 10 mins for them to do, and was free... then a month later it went again, and took the bluetooth out with it, and yet again they did it free and its all been fine now...

and with the above post, you activate voice command, say "external device", then if you have a simple aux line in, its "line in", but for usb i not too sure

#22 Jedilard

Jedilard

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:44 AM

Little update. Looks likely that Polar Ford are going send me the Bluetooth module. The technicians I've spoken to confirm the option where either put a module in or rewire the whole audio system.

The module costs 272 (confirmed) which is going to be cheaper than a rewire. I'm going to put it in myself as it looks like a 30second job.

Will let you know the final resolution. Cheers guys.

#23 orcomma

orcomma

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Name: Jimmy
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.6 [95] TDCi
  • Year: 2010

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:55 AM

does the car register as having USB / Bluetooth on ETIS? which ford dealer did you buy it from? this still doesnt sound right - but good luck with fitting it yourself :)

#24 antman99

antman99

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.6 TDCI

Posted 19 April 2011 - 01:57 PM

Jedilard I assume the dealer are paying not you right?

Anthony

#25 Jedilard

Jedilard

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:11 PM

The factory list of features clearly states it came with Bluetooth a local dealer to me checked it out and confirmed that the only thing missing was the Bluetooth Module. All the wiring etc is in place. The garage that sold it to me were very clear that it didn't have the module but didn't tell me the aux in didn't work as a result of it. They sold it to me with an aux in advertised and I checked it had it before I bought it. Its clear they are liable for providing me an aux in, but not giving me bluetooth.

The module itself costs £272 (I've checked this with another dealer) and even fordparts quoted me £252. I've agreed to contribute £50 and the dealer will put up the rest, I probably could of pushed for them to pay for it all but I can't be bothered to push it further. I am getting bluetooth for £50 after all.

The module is located under the glove box and is just a case of plugging to cables into it - a 2 minute job a most. If it still doesn't work then I can get it repaired on warranty as there will then be nothing officially missing.

#26 graham1979

graham1979

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Ford Model: titanium

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:35 PM

got in my fiesta titanium today and drove to local retail park, usb pen working fine etc for music. got back in car and it went straight to radio, pressed the button on the stalk and no womans voice. got home and checked usb drive on computer also got my bluetooth mobile. got in car and it worked but usb stick froze on track one, no music played etc it just froze.

went to near by ford dealer and said that was having problem. thanks to information about software update in this thread i looked like i knew what i was talking about, also told bloke that i had phoned ford direct who confirmed software error. another chap behind the desk said that there had been a update a while back for the module.

result, car booked in next wednesday, chap said that ford time shown on his computer is 1.25 hours (why not just say 1hr 15 minutes).

#27 basstard

basstard

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name: Carlo
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

Sorry to bring this back from the dead.
Jedilard, did you ever solve this? My mother's fiesta has this issue and I'd like to get her to use the usb.
Anybody having a part no for the module so I can see if there's a cheap one on ebay?
Thx

#28 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,568 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

Anybody having a part no for the module so I can see if there's a cheap one on ebay?

1583717 / 8M5T-19C112-AM (£286.74) or
1679041 / 8M5T-19C112-AN (£415.78) Depending on what year of Fiesta you have.
Unfortunately there's no such thing as a cheap one, and none on eBay at the moment.

#29 colin79666

colin79666

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Name: Colin
  • Ford Model: Had a Fiesta Titanium 1.4
  • Year: 2012

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

Sorry to bring this back from the dead.
Jedilard, did you ever solve this? My mother's fiesta has this issue and I'd like to get her to use the usb.
Thx

Have you tried resetting the module? It hangs above the passenger footwell in rhd cars. My Titaniums bluetooth/voice control and aux were dead when I picked it up. Took it back to the dealer the next day and the reset it just by disconnecting the module and reconnecting it after a couple of minutes. Been fine since.

#30 basstard

basstard

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name: Carlo
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

1583717 / 8M5T-19C112-AM (£286.74) or
1679041 / 8M5T-19C112-AN (£415.78) Depending on what year of Fiesta you have.
Unfortunately there's no such thing as a cheap one, and none on eBay at the moment.

Thx a ton buddy!
My mother's fiesta is a 2009. Which one of the two modules would be the right one?

Have you tried resetting the module? It hangs above the passenger footwell in rhd cars. My Titaniums bluetooth/voice control and aux were dead when I picked it up. Took it back to the dealer the next day and the reset it just by disconnecting the module and reconnecting it after a couple of minutes. Been fine since.

I tried by disconnecting the battery for some hours and it solved nothing.
Do you reckon disconnecting the module alone would make a difference? After reconnecting the battery I took a look under the glovebox [this is a LHD but I can't see the module being undern the steering wheel so I assume it's under the glovebox as well] and the panel there is like plastic riveted there. Can I just pull without breaking anything or what? This is not my car, you know :D

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users