Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

turboace

Keys

4 posts in this topic

One of the keys to our 05 plate Mondeo has will not blip the lock anymore. It had been working intermittently and this morning our Ford garage replaced the battery and now it doesn't work at all. They tested it and reported that the sender in the key had failed (our other key works perfectly). I'm told a new sender is £50 plus £60 for programming. £110 seems a lot. Is there a cheaper was to achieve the same end?

One of the keys to our 05 plate Mondeo has will not blip the lock anymore. It had been working intermittently and this morning our Ford garage replaced the battery and now it doesn't work at all. They tested it and reported that the sender in the key had failed (our other key works perfectly). I'm told a new sender is £50 plus £60 for programming. £110 seems a lot. Is there a cheaper was to achieve the same end?

Look on e Bay but make sure you get the right part number (its stamped on the plastic on the inside of the blip where the 2 halves join key end). Once you get a blip the programming is a doddle.

Since reading this I've seen a post whith the same problem which turned out to be the battery contcacts in the blip needing to be bent up to make better contact, its unusual for a remote to stop working all of a sudden so a simple check may cure the prob.

Look on e Bay but make sure you get the right part number (its stamped on the plastic on the inside of the blip where the 2 halves join key end). Once you get a blip the programming is a doddle.

Since reading this I've seen a post whith the same problem which turned out to be the battery contcacts in the blip needing to be bent up to make better contact, its unusual for a remote to stop working all of a sudden so a simple check may cure the prob.

Thansk

Do the programming instructions come with the blip?