Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking Sensors

Tato

Hello everybody

Could you give me some recommendations about parking sensors? Which ones should I buy? I just want something simple and efficient :)

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Hi is it a mk7 you have?

If so you'll want to get the Xvision Parking Sensors - these are the ford recommended aftermarket parking sensors for the mk7.

The part numbers for them are as follows:

Rear: 1420032

Front: 1420038

You may be able to find them on eBay for around £100.

Hope that helps

Hi is it a mk7 you have?

If so you'll want to get the Xvision Parking Sensors - these are the ford recommended aftermarket parking sensors for the mk7.

The part numbers for them are as follows:

Rear: 1420032

Front: 1420038

You may be able to find them on ebay for around £100.

Hope that helps

I've ordered my Fiesta few days ago, so I believe it's mk7.

I've ordered my Fiesta few days ago, so I believe it's mk7.

I take it you didn't want the city pack option? The electric folding mirrors do come in handy - but it's a personal choice.....

I take it you didn't want the city pack option? The electric folding mirrors do come in handy - but it's a personal choice.....

I've chosen the Sport package, and the sensors can't be added on it, at least where I live.

I've chosen the Sport package, and the sensors can't be added on it, at least where I live.

Ah...yes. The bumper is different on the Sport package so I guess that's why it doesn't come with the sensors. Did you go for frozen white?

Ah...yes. The bumper is different on the Sport package so I guess that's why it doesn't come with the sensors. Did you go for frozen white?

Yes, I did go for the frozen white.

P.S. The car from the avatar is not mine. I will get it sometime towards the end of May, or earlier :)

Yes, I did go for the frozen white.

P.S. The car from the avatar is not mine. I will get it sometime towards the end of May, or earlier :)

Very nice :D Mine came quicker than I was expecting so you might get yours earlier too. Bet you can't wait!

Very nice :D Mine came quicker than I was expecting so you might get yours earlier too. Bet you can't wait!

They told me the same, that I might get it faster. To be honest I am really excited about it because it is my first car, as I already mentioned in another topic.

By the way, I would have liked to get the same radio (Sony) as you have but they don't have it here, unfortunately...

They told me the same, that I might get it faster. To be honest I am really excited about it because it is my first car, as I already mentioned in another topic.

By the way, I would have liked to get the same radio (Sony) as you have but they don't have it here, unfortunately...

Oh, that's a shame but you haven't done badly for your first car. Mine was a MK2 Fiesta - no electric windows, bluetooth or parking sensors back then :)

Oh, that's a shame but you haven't done badly for your first car. Mine was a MK2 Fiesta - no electic windows, Bluetooth or parking sensors back then :)

Sorry, first new car :) (I had 2 SH before)

Anyway, I guess I can even buy the Sony after...

I added the Xvision sensors to my new Fiesta. Ford wanted £350 for them, but you can get them fitted and colour coded for £209.99 for the rear sensors.

http://www.fordretailonline.co.uk/ford-owner/accessories/ford-fiesta_08on.aspx

Well, that's a good save :)

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how much ford charge just to fit them? ive just got some Xvision sensors from eBay for £40

Hello everybody

Could you give me some recommendations about parking sensors? Which ones should I buy? I just want something simple and efficient :)

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

use your eyes, simple, efficient and best of all free(unless you need specsavers)

To be honest, iv always fitted to my 3 cars the cheap £15-30 ones on eBay, some people like to moan about them but if you do them yourself, which isn't hard on the Mk7 you save a small fortune.

and although iv never owned Ford ones my girlfriend has a Micra and the factory fit/ dealer fit ones are crap they always end up beeping when theres nothing behind and many times they haven't beeped when there is a clear obstacle when my cheapo ones pick it up fine.

Anthony

To be honest, iv always fitted to my 3 cars the cheap £15-30 ones on eBay, some people like to moan about them but if you do them yourself, which isn't hard on the Mk7 you save a small fortune.

and although iv never owned Ford ones my girlfriend has a Micra and the factory fit/ dealer fit ones are crap they always end up beeping when theres nothing behind and many times they haven't beeped when there is a clear obstacle when my cheapo ones pick it up fine.

Anthony

That sounds promising...anyway sometimes cheap thing are not that bad after all.