Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Help ! Alarm Question 2004/5 :)

soozy

Hi there everyone,

I'm sure this will sound stupid :unsure:

i was thinking of buying my mums friends ford focus ghia it's either 2004/05 (but i'm pretty sure 05) 1.8 engine size and its petrol not diesel.

He said it has an alarm and immobiliser fitted AS STANDARD and showed me the key which looks exactly like this http://www.pots-of-gold.co.uk/prodimages/Ford3bnblade.jpg and the side lights flash when you lock the car with the key... but my mum said most of the time he doesn't know what he's talking about! so my question is (from someone who also doesn't know what she's talking about) do the ghia's 2004/05 come with standard fitted alarms and if so how come that key only has lock/unlock buttons on?

He said he didn't want to set alarm off then (it was after 9pm..) .But i do love the car and would probably get alarm fitted anyhow :blink:

thanks guys,

sooz

Hi there everyone,

I'm sure this will sound stupid :unsure:

i was thinking of buying my mums friends ford focus ghia it's either 2004/05 (but i'm pretty sure 05) 1.8 engine size and its petrol not diesel.

He said it has an alarm and immobiliser fitted AS STANDARD and showed me the key which looks exactly like this http://www.pots-of-gold.co.uk/prodimages/Ford3bnblade.jpg and the side lights flash when you lock the car with the key... but my mum said most of the time he doesn't know what he's talking about! so my question is (from someone who also doesn't know what she's talking about) do the ghia's 2004/05 come with standard fitted alarms and if so how come that key only has lock/unlock buttons on?

He said he didn't want to set alarm off then (it was after 9pm..) .But i do love the car and would probably get alarm fitted anyhow :blink:

thanks guys,

sooz

Hi, - have the a 2002 focus and the key is the same. The owners manual says the alarm only sounds when the glass is broken or a door is forced open. Don't know if that is a general description or if it applies to some models.

Xev

I don't have a Focus but I do have a Fiesta which is fitted with an alarm as standard and has lock/unlock and boot release buttons on the key. The alarm is activated by locking the doors - there's no separate button for the alarm. I used to own a Focus and I think the Ghia did come with an alarm as standard but I'd still test it if I were you.

simple way of testing if you have an alarm.

to check doors:

1) get in the car, press the lock button on the key ONCE.

2) wait 30 seconds

3) open the door from inside, without touching the unlock button.

4) the alarm will sound (press unlock to stop)

to check bonnet:

1) press lock once on the key (stay out of the vehicle)

2) wait 30 secs

3) open bonnet as normal (without touching unlock button)

4) alarm should sound, disable by pressing unlock.

to check dead locks:

1) get in car, press the lock button twice within 5 secs of each other (the indicators flash twice)

2) try and open door

3) you shouldnt be able to on any...even drivers.

i hope this helps

The Ghia should have an alarm as standard. They normally go off if you lock the car on the remote and 30 seconds later unlock it with the key.

You may have to double lock it to set the alarm by pressing the lock button twice. This locks the car from the inside as well.

As for the Focus Zetec, I found the alarm was set, and If I tried to open the bonnet without unlocking the car the alarm went off, however I could pull the door handles and the alarm never bleeped at all. having said that, I wasnt so tempted to put a brick through the window, just to see if that would set the alarm off!

you would be gutted if you did throw that brick and juice all happened :lol:

you would be gutted if you did throw that brick and juice all happened :lol:

aaah, you know my ex-Focus so well! - that would not have suprised me, in fact, it wouldnt surprise me if it had a brick through the window, then the doors unlocked, imboiliser disabled, and the engine started...

It seemst hat my typing of the previous post was overtaken by everyone, at the time I typed it, there was only Londongirl's response above - how dare my job get in the way of posting on the FOC?!?!

haha that would be class...all-in-one brick for cars :lol:

in my job i spend my time watching tv, on forums, sleeping and the occasional visit to the gym :lol: taxes you got to love them :lol:

EDIT: :lol: just re-read that and it sounds like im on the dole, far from it...RAF actually pmsl

Shame, If I knew before you where part of the RAF, I would have given you my focus to turn into a giant bomb and would have paid good money to watch it roll out the back of a carrier and be blown to pieces :)

Sorry im taking this off topic...

i would of accepted if i was air crew...gives me something to do then :lol: mind you if you send a letter to an airfield and request them, they may accept...maybe you could of invited top gear to come and film it...:lol:

ive seen more random things....they could of used it as target practice for the Typhoon Euro Fighter or the tornado gr4.

that would have been fun to see :) sorry I know we took this off topic - Sorry Soozy :huh:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club