Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rusty/discoloured Locking Wheel Nuts

screamer

As the title says, my locking wheel nuts are rusty looking and makes the wheel look a bit scabby, it's a 58 plate fiesta.

any ideas to sort this?

Mine too and that's from a '10' plate!

Mine are looking pretty scabby, i recently aqquired some new ones with the black alloys, they already look dogs dinner, i would really like some black ones to go with the black alloys, which should be better, and in answer to your question, for which the answer i stumbled upon when looking for black wheel nuts, is the quality and material, the usual wheel nuts are made from very cheap steel.

If it bothers you so much, there are alternative solutions;

one- cheaper method, buy some wheel nut covers, very effective and are made from plastic meaning no corrosion, come usually in chrome or black.

Alternativley it means forking out for stainless steel or treated nuts, which from what ive found to convert all plus the locking, you could be looking at up to £80!!!

really does mean it has to bother you, personally with the black alloys its major, however it is one of those things that as an individual it bothers you, you try so hard to keep the thing clean and looked after and the cheap components may a new car look shabby.

cheers, maybe the chrome covers will do the trick

cheapskate lol

Just sprayed mine with light coat of silver paint. They're not superb looking, but it's a lot less obtrusive than rusty nuts!!! :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club