#1 Uberwagon

Uberwagon

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: MK1 Focus 1.8
Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:13 PM

Hi all

A few problems with a 99T 1.8 Focus Zetec

Firstly, the air con, when you switch it on you get a slight burning smell and then the revs drop. I fear the pump itself is seized? Is there a common issue with these which could cause similar symptoms?

Since removal of the head unit for a possible replacement there have been a couple of weird goings on.

The rear screen wont work. You can hear the relay click but it wont latch. I have checked the fuses for the screen but they all seem ok. Have these relays been known to not latch or have problems? It's the yellow one behind the glovebox, a 40AMP 4 pin relay.

The head unit only works for 1 hour and then turns off. It works finer if you switch it on again but it is annoying. Any ideas?

regards

Dave!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mjt

mjt

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Ford Model: 03 Focus Mk1.5 Estate 1.8 TDCi Ghia

Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:50 PM

The head unit only works for 1 hour and then turns off. It works finer if you switch it on again but it is annoying. Any ideas?

It is normal for the head unit to switch off after one hour if it is used with the ignition off. On mine it briefly displays '1 Hour' when first switched on.

If used with the ignition on, whether or not the engine is running, it should operate continuously.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users