Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange MK1 Focus issue

Uberwagon

Hi all

A few problems with a 99T 1.8 Focus Zetec

Firstly, the air con, when you switch it on you get a slight burning smell and then the revs drop. I fear the pump itself is seized? Is there a common issue with these which could cause similar symptoms?

Since removal of the head unit for a possible replacement there have been a couple of weird goings on.

The rear screen wont work. You can hear the relay click but it wont latch. I have checked the fuses for the screen but they all seem ok. Have these relays been known to not latch or have problems? It's the yellow one behind the glovebox, a 40AMP 4 pin relay.

The head unit only works for 1 hour and then turns off. It works finer if you switch it on again but it is annoying. Any ideas?

regards

Dave!

The head unit only works for 1 hour and then turns off. It works finer if you switch it on again but it is annoying. Any ideas?

It is normal for the head unit to switch off after one hour if it is used with the ignition off. On mine it briefly displays '1 Hour' when first switched on.

If used with the ignition on, whether or not the engine is running, it should operate continuously.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club