Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Subwoofer Installation

Zetec S Blue

Hi Guys,

Can someone please assist

I have fitted lots and lots of these with AFTERMARKET head units so the rest of the wiring is not an issue.

I have concerns though as a do not want to cut the wires at the back of the head unit or come off the back Speakers as it doesnt sound as good as the head unit

Basically can I use this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Fiesta-2008-RCA-AUX-MP3-IPOD-Adaptor-CTVFOX003-/230519526882?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35ac08d5e2#ht_2519wt_1032

To work as the 2 RCA's to link to the amp and wire it up.

Am looking at doing the full sound system

So far I have the following information so if any of it is wrong please let me know

Front Speakers are 6x8 which is a weird size but I have seen a set of pre-made wires and mounts for 13cm Speakers on eBay for £10 bargin if you ask me cause cutting plastic of mdf to make them can be a pain in the bum :) lool.

Rear speakers are 17cm ? am not to sure about this as no-one has really confirmed this.

If this is the case overall your lookin at a decent sound system for £300

Cheers for lookin and any help advice that you can give is appreciated.

No that's an Aux input to the stereo, not an output. In any case that seems a bit expensive when you could just use a clamp or bare the wires and solder.

Front speakers are 6x8 which is a weird size but I have seen a set of pre-made wires and mounts for 13cm speakers on ebay for £10 bargin if you ask me cause cutting plastic of mdf to make them can be a pain in the bum :) lool.

Rear speakers are 17cm ? am not to sure about this as no-one has really confirmed this.

Both front and rear are 17cm, but you'll need custom mounts (either buy or make). I made my own out of 3/4" ply. I cut the wires and used crimp connectors, soldering new wires to the speaker terminals. The main problem is the front tweeters which have a non-standard mount and are anyway located in a stupid place. I fitted my new ones on top of the dash to get better imaging.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14855&st=0&p=94716entry94716

when I had a sound system in mine I took the signal for both my amps from the rear Speakers. obviously the SQ wasn't as good as an aftermarket HU but it did the job and there was no need to risk damaging the dash.

Because I havent bought my car outright and need to hand it back

I dont want to go cutting and splicing :S

If I had I would of done what Montune did with theres

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club