Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Buckled 16" Alloys!!!

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you had buckled alloys on the titanium 16 inch alloys? (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you had buckled alloys on the titanium 16 inch alloys?

1. Yes (14 votes [26.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.42%

2. No (20 votes [37.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.74%

3. 1 (6 votes [11.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.32%

4. 2 (9 votes [16.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.98%

5. 3 (3 votes [5.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.66%

6. 4 (1 votes [1.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 hula89

hula89

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: '09 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

I really dont get this problem the Fiesta alloys seem to have. Alloys arent something that should be scrimped and saved on its a safety issue. I have a Clio now with 16 inch alloys and someone pulled out on me and I hit the kerb hard avoiding him yet I dont even have any damage other than what looks like a lit scuff on the alloy that hit. Im really surprised that Renault appear to use superior parts to Ford.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#47 TDCiST

TDCiST

No Smoke No Poke... Unless you have a DPF!

• 1,681 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6 TDCi
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:40 PM

It may just be a bad batch... you never know...

#48 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,689 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
Contributor

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:33 PM

I have no problems at the moment but is there a way of identifyng the problem Ronal wheels?

Cheers

Rog

Hi,

I had to change one of my 16'' alloys today due to a puncture, and Ronal is stamped in the rear of the spokes along with the part number and the ford logo.
none of my wheels are buckled though Posted Image

#49 bigjock

bigjock

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Name: BigJock
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Titanium, Nissan Juke Tekna
  • Year: 2008

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

I have had a total of 4 buckled alloys with my past 2 fiestas both 16", i drive the same roads in my other cars but yet have never had any issues with my alloys in these.

#50 flassa99

flassa99

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi - Dark Micastone
  • Year: 2011

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

very upset to have buckled the passenger side front wheel on my zetec s tdci mk7 today :unsure: doodling along at 30, not doing anything stupid, never even saw the pothole and BANG, pulled over just to check and found a huuuuuge buckle in my 16" alloy...

amazingly, as i was photographing the pothole a guy wandered over who'd had the same thing on his VW golf and i got a call from him later telling me an audi driver had his go bang minutes after i left! 3 cars in 20 minutes!!

annoying bit is that it wasnt even the biggest pothole i've seen today... essex highways are sooooooo forking out for this! great service from gates of harlow ford though, booking me in for a replacement tomorrow morning and doing my courtesy check at the same time

#51 harweyko

harweyko

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta MK7 1.6l Ti-VCT

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:08 AM

really happy.... Posted Imageboth on drivers side...

Posted Image

Posted Image

#52 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,236 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

I bet you love your local councils to death. :huh:

#53 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,519 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

Went to Kwik Fit with a vibration through the steering wheel, thinking I'd lost a wheel weight, off with the front wheels and was told I had a buckled wheel and was like completely gutted. 2 minutes later I was told the other front wheel was far was than the first. Yay for me, 2 new wheels and at least 1 tyre needed... Disgraceful, I have a 7 month old car with 2 buckled alloys? I've had 3 cars including the Fiesta, the other 2 cars both had alloy wheels; a Daewoo Matiz that hit a pot hold and lost a tyre, but the alloy was structurally undamaged, at all, just scratched. Then with my later car, a Chevrolet Matiz, I had Lenso RS5's on it and they hit plenty of pot holes without any problem whatsoever. Both my parents have said throughout their driving lives (40 years each or so) they've never buckled wheels.

Now for the argument with Ford...

#54 Jwsturner

Jwsturner

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: MK7 1.6 TDCI Titanium 5 door
  • Year: 2009

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

I have the 17" Zetec S alloys and all 4 were buckled. I've changed the worst one at a cost of £150. Will do the others over time. According to a few local tyre fitters, ford alloys are notorious for getting buckled.

#55 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,616 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
Contributor

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

Ford have told me 3 of my 17" streetpack alloys are buckled, though no action required yet. Pretty sure I've buckled the 4th now as well.

#56 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,519 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Contributor

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

Pretty pathetic how many of these alloys are buckling, surely these wheels are unfit for purpose? Not sure who to take this up with to be honest, but something needs doing. I'm desperately needing to replace 1, the guy at Kwik Fit said there's a good chance of blow-out, not to go on motorways or drive hard... Bulge in the sidewall. Going in on Monday to see what Ford say, and getting them to look at the back ones. Thing is, I need at least 2 wheels and tyres; what if I need 4? How many people carry around £700 for wheels and tyres? (maybe more), Ford need to admit they've screwed up.

#57 antman99

antman99

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.6 TDCI

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

All,

Im sure you all agree that it is far too common, as a 2 x wheel victim myself I know first hand the issues, I am still after all these months still arguing with the Ford Executive team who work directly for the CEO, the problem is that Ford can just blame the councils and although we all know that it isn't that the issue is that the damage is caused by potholes, curbs etc and I don't think anyone would say there wheel just buckled while driving BUT the point is the wheels should not have buckled under such a low pressure impact, I know someone else on here is trying via trading standards in relation to his filler cap and I hope he gets it sorted I do however feel that we need some more action in bulk to get this one anywhere, I will speak to my contact at the Executive Office tomorrow or Friday and see if she is OK for me to give out an email or phone number for her so that everyone who has had this can contact them, I can only hope that enough people complaining will actually lead to anything.

I have tried contacting watchdog but they did not respond, I ran a poll on another thread about it and to be honest the results speak for themselves.

If anyone has any idea on anything else we can do let us know, I also would like to say to the people out there who have not got buckled alloys and think we are all just rubbish drivers, there is a high chance that they either have got them without realising (easily done) or they will probably at some point get a buckle.

I am basing that on the fact there are reports of cars all the way back at 58 plate up to 12 plate having this issue so it is not about a bad batch.

I will post any updates if I get any.

#58 Marcr1

Marcr1

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  • Name: Marc
  • Ford Model: S1600
  • Year: 2012

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

Eek! I'm scared after reading all of these problems!

#59 Wayneo01

Wayneo01

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 tdci titanium

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

I've was doing 20 and hit a submerged pothole and completely stopped, haven't had my wheel off to check for any buckling but its just had its mot and passed

#60 Sea_Grey_Kev

Sea_Grey_Kev

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Name: Kevin
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 TDCi

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

Just had to buy a new 16" 10 spoke for my zetec s after hitting a huge pot hole and buckling it, another £140 gone. Although I was going to change it anyway after managing to scrape it in a Tesco car park.

Irritating, as I know where most of the pot holes are on my journeys, then BANG, one springs out of nowhere :angry:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users