Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Buckled 16" Alloys!!!

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you had buckled alloys on the titanium 16 inch alloys? (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you had buckled alloys on the titanium 16 inch alloys?

1. Yes (14 votes [26.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.42%

2. No (20 votes [37.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.74%

3. 1 (6 votes [11.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.32%

4. 2 (9 votes [16.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.98%

5. 3 (3 votes [5.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.66%

6. 4 (1 votes [1.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,422 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

I've buckled at least 2 after replacing the last set. Just a shame after market wheels look like aids most of the time.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#62 BrandonBomber

BrandonBomber

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Richard
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2009

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

i own a titanium with 16 inch 15 spoke alloys traveling along last week on the great roads of coventry (joke), doing 30 never seen the pothole in the road and buckled the passenger side front on the inside bad enough to feel vibrations in the steering and rear to a lesser extent also on the inside. Got my car booked in tomorrow at my local ford dealer to change the front one at a cost of £180 just for the alloy.

Does anybody know if you can repair alloys as i will keep the one there taking off for spare as there a good chance i'll need it after reading the comments on here. also has anyone claimed against the council responsible and how do you go about doing it any help would be grateful.

#63 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,422 posts
Contributor

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

If they're buckled they can't be repaired, light buckles perhaps but I wouldn't risk it with those.

And you can try and claim but good luck, they'll a lot of the time tell you to prove it, and then they'll probably fill the hole in like it never existed. pests the lot of them.

Ford are asking me to bring mine in to be inspected, I've got in contact with Auto Express again and I'm looking to see if the wheels can be professionally tested, just not sure where to begin >.<

Edited by Stoney871, 30 January 2013 - 02:14 AM.
no naughty words, sorry

#64 BrandonBomber

BrandonBomber

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Name: Richard
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2009

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

cheers for the reply, had the alloy changed today at my local ford garage thankfully the tyre was still ok so just got it changed over. All in all though it still cost £250 with fitting and getting the tracking checked, the receptionist was saying she had loads of people come in with the same problem. what made me laugh the most was a brochure on all the different alloys that ford sell and how there tested on all the different types of surface. Maybe they should try driving them on bus routes in towns :D :D

#65 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,422 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

Lol Stoney changing my post :P

Pests sounds more amusing, getting into bad habbits saying that left right and centre >.< apologies.

Comes to it now, 4 wheels need replacing, BADLY. So here's the story;

Took my car to Ford today and asked for all 4 wheels to be checked, n/s and o/s front buckled and the rears were apparantly fine (I also have white sidelights, headlights and reversing lights SHOCK HORROR), so I was like fine, I'll go see my dad at work. We then decide to inspect ourselves and my god the state... the front o/s has 5 buckles on the inside of the wheel and 3 on the outside of the wheel, and as a data point we check the n/s, which is worse... then I'm like meh it's jacked up let's check the rears anyway as I span it free in the air whilst on a jack and it seemed a bit off, and behold! The back n/s is buckled to hell, so I'm like right check the o/s, as is that one too. So, Ford managed to tell me my lights are white, but don't actually check the rear wheels for what they were meant too? Nice.

So they're honestly trying to say there isn't an issue with the wheels? The car has covered less than 25K, and has had 2 front tyres 6 months in, and now needs 4 wheels that have at least 3 buckles per wheel, with around 8 or 9 being the most on each front. Sorry, but this is absolute pig muck, you can't tell me probably 20 buckles car-wide isn't an issue, they're unfit for purpose. I'm looking at taking evidence of these wheels and my old ones (that I have kept for evidence purposes) and really going to push for this now. It's despicable how they're treating customers.

#66 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Lawman

• Super Mod
  • 12,841 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Lol Stoney changing my post :P

Apologies for that mate but we're having a naughty word purge, even only mildly cheeky words are no longer permitted.
So that's half my posts being edited as i type :P

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users