Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting Windows Tinted

ross1985

i was looking at a post on here about things to do to your car and tinting the windows was one of them, i was thinking when i get my car to get the back windows and boot window tinted. do you think this will be worth doing i like the look of cars with tinted back windows. i emailed a garage in plymouth who do it and they quoted me £135 to do it. Is that a good price? i dont know how dark to have it either i guess i will have to decide when i got there.

I paid £60 for my rear 3 windows (which was half) price and had them done 'limo black' which is the darkest you can get.

Depends what look you're going for really.

i have just got my windows tinted for £140 (with military discount) and they allow 20% light which is the next step down from limo...comes with lifetime ownership warranty

I'm getting mine done as well. Just don't know how dark a tint to go for. I know I don't want limo but what would you guys recommend. The car is black. Thanks.

id say if you dont want to go limo, and you got a black car, it will look well smart with the same one i have...20% light...the next one down from limo.

heres a few piccys (hosted on another forum)

69-passenger-rear.jpg

68-rear.jpg

67-drivers-side-rear.jpg

id say if you dont want to go limo, and you got a black car, it will look well smart with the same one i have...20% light...the next one down from limo.

heres a few piccys (hosted on another forum)

69-passenger-rear.jpg

68-rear.jpg

67-drivers-side-rear.jpg

And you can still see out the back window for reversing etc ??

No pic's attached tho :(

yeah can still see, just needs a little getting used too as its slightly darker. planning on fitting reversing sensors aswell.

no pic's attached?

yeah can still see, just needs a little getting used too as its slightly darker. planning on fitting reversing sensors aswell.

no pic's attached?

Oh well, I reckon I could live with that !! Nah, i've been driving since 1982 and never had sensors so I think i'll cope !!!

heres a few piccys (hosted on another forum) You said that so I assumed you were putting up pic's but there wasn't any. That's all.

Good Afternoon Ross - just so you're aware you can tint the rear windows to whatever shade you want, I think Ford tint the cars 'dark smoke tint', just so you're aware dark smoke tints on the front driver and passenger windows will be illegal. My Fez came with tinted windows as standard and I've tinted the front two using a light smoke tint (which allows for 70% light, which is the minimum required by law).

Good luck!

Good Afternoon Ross - just so you're aware you can tint the rear windows to whatever shade you want, I think Ford tint the cars 'dark smoke tint', just so you're aware dark smoke tints on the front driver and passenger windows will be illegal. My Fez came with tinted windows as standard and I've tinted the front two using a light smoke tint (which allows for 70% light, which is the minimum required by law).

Good luck!

Any tint on the fronts is illegal, as from the factory the windows let through 75% through natural production process.

ive been doing loads of research on this and asking the police i work with about tinting on the front. from what i found you can tint your front side windows...but they have let 70% of light through (as kabz said). police can stop check and get what they call the tintman out.

its a little device that uses a light and a luminosity sensor...they shine the light into the car and measure it using the sensor. less that 70% light and they will ask you to destroy the tint infront of them so they know you will remove it and/or possibly a fine and some points. they cannot do this by eye! more than 70% your let on your way.

as far as i am aware on your windscreen and from what i was told, the most you can have is a sun strip at the top...

mind you a tinted windscreen will just look plain daft and asking to be pulled.

heres a few piccys (hosted on another forum) You said that so I assumed you were putting up pic's but there wasn't any. That's all.

oh right, well i put an img code there to show the pictures. are they not showing? (there should be 3, shows on my pc):lol:

thanks for the replys, i dont want to go really dark maybe somewhere in the middle, if i book it in at the garage will the have examples to show me so i can pick? what would you suggest i should go for i want something that wont restrict reversing but is not to light that it makes no sense having it.

do you think it would look better if i tinted the front side windows too, has anyone got any pics of there fiests with just back tinted windows and some with both back andfront tinted windows to show me?

do you think it would look better if i tinted the front side windows too, has anyone got any pics of there fiests with just back tinted windows and some with both back andfront tinted windows to show me?

Just look at a van :P

I tinted mine 40% ceramic on all windows except the windshield. This is what that looks like from different angles and lighting.

img20110401160250.jpg

img20110122154445.jpg

img20100916114419.jpg

img20110405124654.jpg

img20110119165642.jpg

I will do 50% or 70% on the windshield. 50% is barely noticeable and many people will have to look hard and be thinking about it to realize it is tinted. 70% looks straight up clear and no one will think it is tinted. The reasons to do it is for UV protection and actual heat reduction, but if you're not using ceramic or metallic tints, then it's a moot point to do 70%. Not sure the cheap dyed tints even do 70% because it'd be kinda pointless considering all those tints are good for is appearance.

Not a Fiesta, but my bimmer with 30% ceramic on all windows. Windshield has 50% ceramic. I feel it looks too dark for me. At some angles it looks like it is light, but in person it just looks too dark most of the time. I like my choice for % on the Fiesta much better. Also......I have slammed the hell out of the bimmer since these pics, looks so much better now that it is lowered.

20100620103651.jpg

20100620103716.jpg

20100620103639.jpg

img20101026142358.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club