Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ipod connecting to ford radio

paddy

hi just wanted to know what is the best way to get your ipod connected to your ford radio, my radio does not have a aux port or usb.

is there any ports at the back of the radio to connect your ipod into.

or what do you guys do?

thanks

hi just wanted to know what is the best way to get your ipod connected to your ford radio, my radio does not have a aux port or usb.

is there any ports at the back of the radio to connect your ipod into.

or what do you guys do?

thanks

I use a Griffin Itrip... You can pick them up for about £10... You plug it into the bottom of you Ipod and tune both your itrip and your stereo to a "free" channel frequency and voila! Ipod plays through your stereo... Can't recommend them enough, brilliant piece of kit!

You can get them at amazon... Here

• 3 months later...
I use a Griffin Itrip... You can pick them up for about £10... You plug it into the bottom of you Ipod and tune both your itrip and your stereo to a "free" channel frequency and voila! Ipod plays through your stereo... Can't recommend them enough, brilliant piece of kit!

You can get them at Amazon... Here

Can you use the steering wheel controls to control whats playing/volume still?

Cheers,

Ally

No - the Griffin iTrip is an FM modulator - it basically turns your iPod into a radio station, which you tune the FM radio on your headunit to, which then receives the signal the iTrip is broadcasting.

If you want to be able to operate your iPod from your headunit, depending on which headunit you have, you can go for something from 'Connects2' or you can swap your headunit our for an aftermarket version and then buy the correct adaptor for your steering wheel controls to connect to the headunit. Either way, it's probably not going to be cheap.

No - the Griffin iTrip is an FM modulator - it basically turns your iPod into a radio station, which you tune the FM radio on your headunit to, which then receives the signal the iTrip is broadcasting.

If you want to be able to operate your iPod from your headunit, depending on which headunit you have, you can go for something from 'Connects2' or you can swap your headunit our for an aftermarket version and then buy the correct adaptor for your steering wheel controls to connect to the headunit. Either way, it's probably not going to be cheap.

Thanks for the reply and information Johnny. I geussed that was the case with the iTrip but wanted to be sure. I have a 52 plate focus ghia with the 6000CD player.

Cheers again,

Ally

the other thing you can do Ally is buy a Harmon Kardon Drive + Play. The first version is available on eBay and from bigpockets for about £25 + P&P - it has an interface along with a separate joystick and display, both of which you dashmount - if you're not too happy about doing stuff like that yourself, you'll probably pay anywhere between £20 and £40 to have it installed.

the other thing you can do Ally is buy a Harmon Kardon Drive + Play. The first version is available on ebay and from bigpockets for about £25 + P&P - it has an interface along with a separate joystick and display, both of which you dashmount - if you're not too happy about doing stuff like that yourself, you'll probably pay anywhere between £20 and £40 to have it installed.

I see. Thats a pretty cool piece of kit!! Thanks for the 2nd reply too. Been thinking, and am wondering the easiest/cheapest way of connecting a USB pen drive with my music on to my head unit? Sorry to be a pain, I'm just looking at all the options and although I've done a fair few hours research, just wanted to see what you guys could come up with

Thanks

Ally

Buy a headunit that allows you to connect a USB device - you can probably get a Sony one for less than £100. I wouldn't muck about trying to get you 6000CD to connect up - you can get a unit from connects2 that converts your Ford connectors to ISO and allows you to connect your remote stalk.

Be interested to know what your research has yielded so far

• 2 weeks later...
Buy a headunit that allows you to connect a USB device - you can probably get a Sony one for less than £100. I wouldn't muck about trying to get you 6000CD to connect up - you can get a unit from connects2 that converts your Ford connectors to ISO and allows you to connect your remote stalk.

Be interested to know what your research has yielded so far

Basically the reasearch i've done has lead me to an adapter which connects via IP-Bus.

Adapter

However I'm not 100% that would work ok and it is £70.

In the mean time I've got copied cd's playing on my standard unit.. which took some doing lol

The standard unit should play audio CDs copied onto CD-Rs - they're a bit choosy over whether they play CD-RWs and the CD6000 in my 2005 Mondeo wouldn't play them.

If you're going to spend 70 quid, buy a Sony headunit with a USB port on the front and a unilink socket on the back that you can plug the iPod into.

• 2 weeks later...
The standard unit should play audio CDs copied onto CD-Rs - they're a bit choosy over whether they play CD-RWs and the CD6000 in my 2005 Mondeo wouldn't play them.

If you're going to spend 70 quid, buy a Sony headunit with a USB port on the front and a unilink socket on the back that you can plug the iPod into.

Yeah, it plays CD-R Audio Cd's with the files all in .AIFF format most of the time fine. Fair point, I'm still trying to think about which route to go and since money is a little low it gives me time to make up my mind.

Thanks again for the help.

Ally