Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Couple Of Cheap Mods

R-head

Had a little time on my hands so thought I'd get around to painting my rear view mirror .........

mirror.jpg

and an aluminium foot rest made from a little spare chequer plate, painted satin black and fastened down with the hook part of self adhesive velcro strip on the rear, it's not going anywhere. I had some velcro hanging around that I had also used on the rear of my First Aid kit to stop it from floating around in the boot, as you'd look into the boot from the rear it now sits snuggly in the recess on the right of the boot wall

DSC_3095.jpg

All in all a couple of mods for less than £25, less if you have some bits floating around B)

really love the painted mirror, looks very nice!

All in all a couple of mods for less than £25, less if you have some bits floating around B)

Amen to that, going to paint my rear mirror too now that ive seen how it looks,

really like the way you didnt spray the flick button or support arm mate looks mint, A+ ;)

Thanks for the comments :)

Lenny, I decided not to paint the flick switch, just too awkward but I did do the mounting arm, but it's not easily seen due to the pattern on the windscreen. Would I do the arm again? I'm not sure; probably not, just the mirror body.

That left foot rest is awesome! Always reluctant to rest my foot there because of wetting the carpet.

Thanks for the comments :)

Lenny, I decided not to paint the flick switch, just too awkward but I did do the mounting arm, but it's not easily seen due to the pattern on the windscreen. Would I do the arm again? I'm not sure; probably not, just the mirror body.

Have you thought about maybe making those foot rests and selling them on e-bay, try posting a listing with picture of yours fitted on your car, list it for 30days if it sells you will have to make another one to send to the buyer if not, nothing lost but really worth a try mate

Lenny that's an excellent idea; may well be worth a punt!

No bother mate, see you on Dragons Den soon,

Will you want a %? :lol:

No bother mate, see you on Dragons Den soon,

remember us all when you're the tycoon of the footrest world

Superman-and-Lex-Luthor.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Another idea!!!

There's plenty of room under the front part of the seats and I have been getting annoyed with my umbrella in a door pocket rattling around and having a few bits and bobs in the glove box there but, hopefully, never needing to be used; such as a hi-viz vest. I think there's plenty of room to put a pouch/holder/press stud webbing straps under the squabs at the front of the seats (attached to the seats) to store/hold these items!

I'll get my thinking cap on and sort it in the next few weeks!

Another idea!!!

There's plenty of room under the front part of the seats and I have been getting annoyed with my umbrella in a door pocket rattling around and having a few bits and bobs in the glove box there but, hopefully, never needing to be used; such as a hi-viz vest. I think there's plenty of room to put a pouch/holder/press stud webbing straps under the squabs at the front of the seats (attached to the seats) to store/hold these items!

Good idea...sounds really interesting. Good luck with your project :D

Just another little thing to tidy up the car. I was looking in the boot area and there are 2 holes by the latch, look ugly (notice the anti-rattle tape, fantastic idea by someone on here!) Just popped in a couple of 20mm blanking grommets to fill the holes, looks tidier now?

Untitled-2.jpg

and similar holes on the side panels by the seats, 1 x 25mm and 2 x 20mm for the left, 2 x 20mm for the right

IMG_0779.jpg

Just another little thing to tidy up the car. I was looking in the boot area and there are 2 holes by the latch, look ugly (notice the anti-rattle tape, fantastic idea by someone on here!) Just popped in a couple of 20mm blanking grommets to fill the holes, looks tidier now?

Cool... :D

Another idea!!!

I was browsing Ford Australia's website and they have an umbrella holder for the inside wall of the boot http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Satellite?c=DFYPage&cid=1248884917742&pagename=wrapper&site=FOA

and their fiesta gets under-seat storage on the passenger side: http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Satellite?c=DFYPage&cid=1248885628047&pagename=wrapper&site=FOA (click interior for pic)

lucky eh

Had a little time on my hands so thought I'd get around to painting my rear view mirror .........

had loads of time at the weekend myself decided to copy your idea on painting the rear view mirror, and sorta done a guide on it Click Here

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club