Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 7 Zetec S Lowering

calummac21

hey, total noob here :/

I recently bought an 11 zetec s petrol in panther black with blue interior. im totally chuffed with it but one thing is bugging me, how high it sits. i know the zetec s and ecoflex sit lower than the other models, through browsing it seems to be -15mm from standard.

now, ive been looking at mk7 springs because quite frankly coilovers are out of the question budget wise and i seem to be finding srpings for 'fiesta 1.25/1.4/1.6' rather than zetec s specific springs.

my question is if i got 50mm springs, would that lower my zetec s 50 all round from where it is, or would it just drop 35 due to it already being 15 lower than other models.

or can some of you guys link me to zetec s specific springs? dont want to buy 35mm's to discover it'll only drop 20mm... photos would also be great :)

cheers

Anything other than Eibach Lowering Springs fitted by a Ford dealer may void your warranty (these ones are Ford approved)

As to the exact measurement I'm sure someone else more qualified answer that ;)

Calum you're right, the 50mm drop applies to the poverty spec models, if you get them it'll be 40mm lower than what you are now.

Calum you're right, the 50mm drop applies to the poverty spec models, if you get them it'll be 40mm lower than what you are now.

Cheers for clearing that up an issue can get laid to rest in my mind and put into action come payday :)

Fryboi, how do you rate the h&r springs? These look the like the road I'm most likely to go down

poverty spec ? haha. the zetec has a better standard spec than the zetec s.....

Smaller wheels, no street pack, no 'lowering'.. Hardly better specced.

Cheers for clearing that up an issue can get laid to rest in my mind and put into action come payday :)

Fryboi, how do you rate the h&r springs? These look the like the road I'm most likely to go down

they made a big difference mate, I would definitely recommend them.

Smaller wheels, no street pack, no 'lowering'.. Hardly better specced.

It depends what your looking for, the zetec has a better interior spec.

I too would recommend H&R springs, stiffens up the ride but not too harsh.

Mine on -35mm H&R springs (20mm actual drop).

DSC05870a.jpg

Before

DSC04921.jpg

After

DSC04981.jpg

Stephen.

It depends what your looking for, the zetec has a better interior spec.

The zetec was only ever better specced when fitted with options of special editions. The standard zetec is not better equipped inside than a zetec s.

You'll be telling me zetec's have leather and bluetooth as standard next!

If you look in a ford brochure you'll always see the pages go LX (remember them!!), zetec, zetec s, ST if only.

Anyway, the zetec s page will read 'zetec plus' extra item, extra item, etc

Ps I know LX or ST don't exist, just an example.

Zetec has ambient lighting and chrome surrounds on exterior - now move on :P

I'm looking to lower my car in the near future as well so thought I'd post here rather than starting another thread.

Looking for advice from someone that has lowered their car on the Eibach springs fitted by Ford as I'd rather not risk my warranty.

How much is it likely to cost for them to be fitted by Ford and what is the difference in terms of ride comfort and handling?

Also if anyone has any before and after pics that would be ideal! :)

Zetec has ambient lighting and chrome surrounds on exterior - now move on :P

ah I see, much better spec then!

ah I see, much better spec then!

when I bought my zetec USB bluetooth voice control and 6 Speakers were standard plus the ambient lighting i'd say that's better.

I don't want an argument jeeze...

• 5 months later...

Digging in the dirt to find an old thread instead of starting a new one.

Just to let you all know that I got the Eibach pro kit fitted on Tuesday and gave it a quick wash there and got some pics so the springs have settled in a bit more now. Handling is so much better and there amount of body roll is next to nothing round corners compared to what it was.

fv7rr.jpg

f6yeu.jpg

:)

Did you get it from the dealer and how much did it cost mate? Looks good!

and just to stir this old thread there is no way the zetec is better specced than the zetec s :P

Thank you!!

Did you get it from the dealer and how much did it cost mate? Looks good!

Nah wasn't from the dealer, I got them supplied and fitted with alignment by a garage local to me for £230

Photos don't really do it justice here

Looks like the rear still has a bit of settling to do as well.

I have the same springs on, and have been impressed beyond my high expectations on the ride.

Dannyboy

There's a lot of love for the Eibach springs on here and they are great however I'm one of the few who have actually used both coilovers and springs on the same car so I'll put my two pennies in....

I love coilovers, I will NEVER use springs to lower a car again, I never track my car, I never blast it in the bends (what's the point being a derv!). I would deffo say go out in a car with coilovers on before deciding, even if you don't want to go as low as coilovers can take you the ride they offer is massively superior to doings on stock dampeners. Personally I don't think £350 is a bad price to pay. If anyone is seriously torn between springs and coilovers i'll gladly let you have a go in mine :)

Well I've done on both on 2 separate cars so I reckon i'm in a better position to comment than most people in this thread :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club