Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 - Retro Fit "cruise Control"

BHeart

Hi

I've just been reading one of the 'ads' at the top of the forum page which offers the 'retro-fitting' of cruise control. The company concerned is Carfi at www.carfi.co.uk and, what I would like to know is, it is obviously preferrable to have cruise control 'factory fitted' but have any Fiesta Mk7 owners actually had this done and, was it fitted ok and does it perform well?

My Fiesta 1.25 Zetec was manufactured as a 2011 model in September 2010, would it even be possible to fit cruise control to a Fiesta with a 1.25 engine? Also, is it likely that the wiring looms for the cruise control are already where they need to be in the car and, if so, then apart from the right-hand 'cruise control stalk' being fitted, what else needs to be fitted/done so that the cruise control would perform just as if it were factory fitted?

Thanks, BHeart

It's already been discussed on the forum here.

I have got as far as fitting the steering wheels controls and had a mechanic hook up his laptop with Ford IDS software but alas there was not option to activate it sad.gif

Also written to Ford Technical who would not assist.

Just have a more symmetrical steering wheel now...

It's already been discussed on the forum here.

I have got as far as fitting the steering wheels controls and had a mechanic hook up his laptop with Ford IDS software but alas there was not option to activate it sad.gif

Also written to Ford Technical who would not assist.

Just have a more symmetrical steering wheel now...

Hi iNath

Thanks for your reply.

So it seems that it's not at all possible then?

From your experience when trying to get it fitted, was the wiring already in place and, other that the 'steering controls', did you have to have anything else fitted?

The company listed, carfi.co.uk, actually list the Fiesta Mk7 as a model that it could be fitted to?

Thanks, BHeart

I have no doubt carfi can do it for you - but they are installing a totally new system (AP300, AP500, AP800, AP900)

I am trying to get the official Ford system working that comes as standard on a Titanium - would not pay £550 for the system above!

I have taken the steering wheel controls and wiring loom from a Titanium but I have no idea what else is required - no dealers or Ford are willing to assist. Someone who claims to have had it done (and uses it) on another forum just seems to be a wind up as they won't say where they got it done. (See: here)

Update:

For this project i bought a Titanium under dash wiring loom

med_gallery_13241_370_8163.jpg

So now i need find it out how the wires goes from the cruise control, and of course for the electric folding mirrors :D

Just need some days :(

• Like 1

Nath - has that guy stumped up the facts yet?

I keep meaning to get in touch with you about your progress, now I know in quite depressed :(

Bad times

Mike - nah, think he's a wind up merchant :(

• 3 weeks later...

Not a good news :(

I checked the cruse control wiring... I have not a cruse control on my car, but the wiring is there until the air bag rotary thing

!CCUz1b!CGk~$(KGrHqQOKiQEz9(zkeQ!BNKw-dbqGg~~_12.JPG

i bought the silver wheel cover with the cruse control switch and the wire to the rotary thing...

After every thing connected and back to the place, nothing happened, when i turn the lights on the cruse control switch light up as the radio control, but not working :(

i asked the Ford to add the cruise control to my car, but they said: unfortunately not possible. The control computer (ECU is one) can be programmed once and can not be overwritten.

I hope they was wrong, i do not think it is true...

I`ll not give up! i need it

You're still at the same stage as me then - got a pretty button on your steering wheel that lights up :)

I like mine now as it's more symmetrical :)

I was using cruise control tonight on my way home from work.Sorry just thought I would rub it in for you. :P

iNath you right! Look better symmetrical :D

Kevin, no worry's i use manual cruise control on my :D stand my feet on the side wall

I find this LINK

but i do not like that stick!

250-9500.jpg

That's for the US Fiesta though - not sure it would fit and don't want another stick like you said!