Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shocked And Appalled.

kevin lancelott

Got my car back on mon after it had a new back passenger door as insurance job due to other car door hitting mine.Garage had car for 15 days just to put new door on and spray it.Today I had a good look over it and found the door has been sprayed on car. Over spray around door and all along sill.They didnt just spray the door they blown over all down the side as well.Front wing front door and back panel.They taken front door card off to take mirror off and now the front window does not go all the way down.It also has over spray on it as does the small front window.The door they replaced does not fit flush with front door or back panel.I am so gutted they have made my car worse.The whole passenger side is a disaster and if they don't or wont put it all right I might consider selling. :(

• Like 1

Forgot to mention the paint Finnish is also terrible.Orange peal affect.I will never use that garage again.

• Like 1

That's aweful mate :(

Have you taken photo's before and after?

I'd be fumming mate! Id contact your insurance company as its them who are paying, make them stop payment till its done right

DO NOT BACK DOWN.

They'll try to make it as awkward as possible for you :huh:

Assuming you did go through your insurance, was it the repairer they recommended ? If so then as Rogue_Shadow says, reject it outright by contacting the insurers (reject it either way). I've just had mine repaired (front n/s wing and new bumper). I got a quote from an independent bodyshop and one from the local Ford recommended place as I was considering paying myself (It was my fault - I scraped the garage doorpost !) to save my NCD. The Ford approved repairer was three times as much ! I went through my insurance in the end who directed me to the same Ford approved repairer as I wanted a 100% job with no warranty issues. I had to pay the excess but I must say they have done an excellent job and you can't tell there was any damage which is how it should be, of course.

It was done through Kindertons they authorised the work and and use that garage.They also get the other insurance to admit the blame.I been on phone to Kindertons telling them what a mess the car is and they going to get back to me on mon.They I assume will contact the garage but I am worried what the garage will say and will not fix replace the whole mess they have made.

Sounds an awful mess, never heard anything so bad. They must be real cowboys. As R.T. said, stand your ground and make sure the insurance company realise how bad it is with best photos you can take. Repairers normally take photos before the repair as demanded by the insurers so they should already have those.

Got my car back on mon after it had a new back passenger door as insurance job due to other car door hitting mine.Garage had car for 15 days just to put new door on and spray it.Today I had a good look over it and found the door has been sprayed on car. Over spray around door and all along sill.They didnt just spray the door they blown over all down the side as well.Front wing front door and back panel.They taken front door card off to take mirror off and now the front window does not go all the way down.It also has over spray on it as does the small front window.The door they replaced does not fit flush with front door or back panel.I am so gutted they have made my car worse.The whole passenger side is a disaster and if they don't or wont put it all right I might consider selling. :(

I know how you feel. My car was repaired by the local Ford dealer after I was shunted (six weeks later and £4000 courtesy the other driver's insurer) the major bits (straightening and welding) were done well as far as I could tell. However there were lots of small details that were completely screwed up, including the poor paint finish. I went over the car with a fine-toothed comb noting all the faults and wrote them up in a letter to the dealer. All 18 of them... :angry: I went back to the garage and took their manager through the faults one by one getting him to acknowledge each and agreeing to fix them. He didn't try to argue any of the faults and they took the car back for two days and fixed it all so it was as good as new. I was fuming that I had to go through that hassle when they should have done it right the first time rather than thinking "that will do". If it was their car would they accept that standard of work? I don't think so.

So I'd recommend you write up all the faults, take photos and then go and have a word with the garage. Be calm but insistent. Good luck.

When work is carried out by an insurer's recommended repairer the work is guarenteed usually between 3 and 5 years. You'lle be able to get it sorted :)

That's a good point, calmcdermott. I have a written 3 yr guarantee from the Ford approved repairer so Kevin shouldn't have a problem with his faults.

Hi Kevin, i can only apologise about the service you have received. Can you DM me you details and i will have a look into your claim and see if we can get it sorted out. Have you already spoken to someone here at Kindertons?

Thanks

Mike

Kindertons Ltd.

Yeah I did speak to someone and they suggested taking car back to garage.Car gone back today (tuesday)I was not best pleased with original job for 15 days of work.Hope it gets sorted now though.Thanks for taking the time to reply Mike.

It's impressive to see the repairer publicly apologising and promising to sort it. Shows genuine committment to customer satisfaction.

Yeah I did speak to someone and they suggested taking car back to garage.Car gone back today (tuesday)I was not best pleased with original job for 15 days of work.Hope it gets sorted now though.Thanks for taking the time to reply Mike.

Not a problem, I am glad it is getting sorted, once again i can only apologise for the service you have received.

We do try to keep a select group of trusted repairers for each area and only use them if they have an exemplary reputation and the relevant accreditation. This one must have just been an unfortunate job. Apologies.

Mike

Kindertons

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club