Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next Step Of Dpf Replacement

carterof86

Hi

Long story short because there are so many posts on dpf's.

Car went into limp mode, didnt want to go down the route of removing, I have bought a aftermarket dpf, it is now fitted on the car, my question is what is the next step as it is still in limp mode with the warning light on the dash. Should the car have come out of limp mode automaticly as there is no blockage with it being a new part or do I need it resetting by getting it plugged in to bring it out of limp mode.

Finally are there any other steps I need to take to get it going again. I am not a mechanic but do have semi skilled help hence asking for advice on here.

Cheers

You will need to get the car reset by Ford, They may have to add some EOLYS fluid, but they need to reset the ECU and limp home mode.

You may be able to remove the EML by use of a DTC Code Reader, but there is no guarantee that will take the car out of Limp Home Mode.

Perfect, cheers, thought it would need resetting but some wrong advice led me to believe the ecu would reset itself then had me thinking i had made a mess of the replacement. I reckon the eloys will need topping up I had the car 2 years and 26000 miles without it being done as i didnt know or ever heard of a dpf till a month ago, ill get it reset in the morning and fingers crossed i can drive to work finally,

Ford will probably top up the EOLYS at a cost of £125(ish) and then reset the ECU / EML's at a cost of around £80 - With any luck the DPF you have bought is a maintenance free - meaning you may not need the EOLYS fluid, but double check (by the time you read this you have probably already been to Ford but I hope they dont charge you an arm and a leg for it!)