Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tdci

jimmylilly

Hi my name is james i am new to this please i am looking for some information on my focus tdci.

I have a cv60 plate ford focus tdci and i was wondering if i could make it just a little bit quicker by turnning up the boost on the turbo just a few questions if someone can help.

1 can i do it?

2 how can i do it?

3 What effects would it have to my car ?

4 do i have to upgrade any other parts if i only wanted to up it a little bit?

Please can someone help me cheers

Hi my name is james i am new to this please i am looking for some information on my focus tdci.

I have a cv60 plate ford focus tdci and i was wondering if i could make it just a little bit quicker by turnning up the boost on the turbo just a few questions if someone can help.

1 can i do it?

2 how can i do it?

3 What effects would it have to my car ?

4 do i have to upgrade any other parts if i only wanted to up it a little bit?

Please can someone help me cheers

1 can i do it? - Theoretically yes, but you need a computer, set of cables, and ECU communication software, and the ability to read / write / understand the programming

2 how can i do it? - As above - but I would suggest if you really want to do it - take it to a tuner - they do this day in day out, and dont always charge through the nose, especially if your only wanting to tune the Turbo Boost.

3 What effects would it have to my car ? - The turbo itself will be under more strain as its increasing the pressure, plus as you have a DPF (I will be surprised if you dont) then you will probably have extra strain put on the turbo anyway, so in essence (depending on how far you tune the Turbo) - you could be looking at doubling the stress on the turbo - or more! risking the lifespan - I dont know if there would be any additional stress on the inlet manifold.

4 do i have to upgrade any other parts if i only wanted to up it a little bit? - you need to define "a little bit" - knocking up the pressure a few PSI - you shouldnt have a problem, if your knocking it up by 10% or more, then you may need to consider upping other things - again speak to your local tuner, as they can give you a lot more information!

professionally, yes you can get it done, but i imagine it would cost quite abit, go for a re-map :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club