Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rattle Noise When Going Over Bumps But Not When Breaks Are Applied

the_gould

Hi there folks how are you all doing

i had the Focus 1.8 TDci . 2005 model and now i have the ST2 asbo orange 2005 model

both were 55 plates

as i say the car will make a rattle noise when going over bumps or uneaven surfaces

but if you are using the breaks at all there is no noise. it sounds as if it is

coming from underneath the car.

any thoughts folks? there has been no suspension mods to the car or any mods at all

read up it could be the caliper pins?

any help would be great guys cos its really annoying me . i have to play the radio loud to ignore it

thanks guys

I had a similar problem on a different make/model many years ago. As I recall the problem was the disc pads "jumping" up and down in the caliper. Problem solved by replacing the sprung steel clip which prevets up/down movement. I'd suggest going along to Kwik Fit, or similar, as they must have lots of these clips around the place.

I had a similar problem on a different make/model many years ago. As I recall the problem was the disc pads "jumping" up and down in the caliper. Problem solved by replacing the sprung steel clip which prevets up/down movement. I'd suggest going along to Kwik Fit, or similar, as they must have lots of these clips around the place.

thanks

its one more thing to try

it must be something along those lines as the fact that they noise does not happen when the breaks are applied even slightly

i will do that as soon as i can then i will get back to you

thanks for your time to reply to this

if this is the prob i will put this everywhere i know cos i know focus are famous for it

just like the old mk2 for water ingress in the front passenger footwell lol

fun times but would not change it for anyting