• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 M1commuter

M1commuter

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 zetec

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:13 PM

I've recently bought a brand new Focus Zetec 1.6 (not the new model) and am wondering if I've made a huge mistake because I just cannot get comfortable in the driver's seat. I am 6 ft tall and there seems to be a bulge near the bottom of the seatback that is too high for the small of my back, but too low for any lumbar support - it just sticks into my lower back and feels really uncomfortable from about 5 minutes into any journey. I did a lengthy test drive in a second hand Focus (not sure if it was a Zetec) and had no problem with the seat and had no problems with my previous Mondeo LX which I owned for 8 years. Is it just me, is there anything I can do about it?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,581 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport, KA Luxury
  • Year: 2008

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:08 PM

Sounds a bit odd. Do you get the same effect in the passenger seat? Have you tried adjusting the lumbar support?

#3 starfield

starfield

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.8 zetec, Mark II, petrol (manu 56 reg)

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:49 PM

Can the lumbar supoort be adjusted? I have got a 56reg zetec and it cannot be adjusted (or may be i have not looked hard enough!!)
When I first bought the car, it was not the most pleasant sitting in the seat but after a while you will get use to it.

#4 M1commuter

M1commuter

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 zetec

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:01 PM

I've tried the lumbar support and that just makes it worse. I've tried lots of combinations of angle, height, reach but still get this feeling of something pushing into my lower back. Haven't been a passenger yet, but the seat shape looks the same. Perhaps if i had gone for the Style rather than the Zetec, it would have been different - shame as it's a nice car to drive in all other respects.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users