Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"marble In A Can" Rattle Noise Under Gear Stick

suddste

Hello,

i've recently been getting a "marble in a can" sort of noise from under the gear stick when revs are low. It seems to happen when revving as well, upto about 2k before it goes away. Clutch in and out does make a tiny difference to noise. The noise irritates me, but the car is still fine. any ideas?

The car is a mk1.5 Focus 2004 1.6L iB5 trans with 40k mls

Thanks,

I suspect clutch thrust bearing. unfortunately (if it is this) then its a new clutch. Its the only thing I can think of that would give this effect? Have you noticed the clutch is more difficult to use? and do you get any other noises?

I suspect clutch thrust bearing. unfortunately (if it is this) then its a new clutch. Its the only thing I can think of that would give this effect? Have you noticed the clutch is more difficult to use? and do you get any other noises?

only noticed that the bite is quite high when starting out, other than that it's completely fine. And the only other noise I hear is a pedal sound, which I guess is normal since when I move it in and out it makes that sound and it's not a loud sound or anything.

only noticed that the bite is quite high when starting out, other than that it's completely fine. And the only other noise I hear is a pedal sound, which I guess is normal since when I move it in and out it makes that sound and it's not a loud sound or anything.

i had similar had the whole clutch replaced just to be told its a gearbox bearing with some luck its just the thrust bearing on youres

ok thanks, the noise has seemed to have gone now, for the time being. It could be because I left some pennies in the cupholder :P

Note to self... Ask some silly questions before looking at other problems ;)

...Clearly JohnS was just testing us all, and our advice (hopefully) passed the test :rolleyes:

Note to self... Ask some silly questions before looking at other problems ;)

...Clearly JohnS was just testing us all, and our advice (hopefully) passed the test :rolleyes:

LOL.

thanks everyone, looks like it was a false alarm, seems to be the pennies in the cupholder doing it, as the engine does vibrate quite a bit

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club