Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mot Fail

ameliah123

Hi to all this is my first time in this forum iwas hopeing some one may be able to help i took my car to get it looked at for mot they have said it needs a front exhaust system rear suspension mouldings a new tyre front brake pads £700 does this seem about right or could i perhaps get the parts my self and get it done cheaper anyhelp would be great i have a focus estate 1600 thanks jen

'front exhaust' by this i would presume the manifold/downpipe which costs about £70-£100 plus fitting, new front tyre about £50, front brake pads will be about £30 plus fitting, but im not sure what you mean by rear suspension mouldings? (my prices are for aftermarket parts - not genuine)

oh, welcome to the forum :)

Hi thanks for helping i think i mean rear suspension mountings but the help you have given me is great thank you jen

Hi thanks for helping i think i mean rear suspension mountings but the help you have given me is great thank you jen

I just assumed your car is a mk1 focus estate?

im not familiar with estates but i cant think of any suspensions mounts on the rear...perhaps they mean bushes? these are cheap but its the labour that kills its. bushes can probably be bought for £30 but the rear subframe/axle assembly has to be removed from the car as far as i know

was it a ford dealer or independent that quoted you for the work?

do you know your serial number and model number of the radio/cd player?

Hi its the brushes need sorting out ,i have looked at radio and its a rds5000 but im still looking for serial number not sure where it will be jen ;)

Hi its the brushes need sorting out ,i have looked at radio and its a rds5000 but im still looking for serial number not sure where it will be jen ;)

to get the serial number you will need to remove the radio. if you can do that then i will get you the code.

£700 jez thats a lot, where abouts in the uk are you? maybe somebody on here can help out at a fraction of that, as said above regarding your radio code, slide the radio out and get the serial number (which you'd need to do if you went to a ford garage anyway or they'll take the radio out for you at an extra cost) and you'll get the code on here.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club