Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking Issue "help!"

FW-Focus00

Hi there,

I own a ford focus V REG Zetec model.

I’m having what seems to be a very common problem. My central locking is playing up.

The passenger door will not lock with or without the key. The lever inside the door is jammed, it won't move to engage the lock. The buttons on the fob key don't work and the button to open the boot near the steering wheel doesn't work either. I brought a hayes manual and tried researching but the following things I have tried haven’t work,

I changed fuse number 63 which was blown. The boot button near the steering wheel started to work but after about an hour it wouldn't and the fuse had blown again.

I brought a new central locking/alarm module, PART NUMBER 98AG-15K600-EB, this again made no difference.

I also tried re-programming key, turning four times untill you hear a chime, press unlock but i never heard the second chime to show it had been re-set.

I brought a new fob key battery but nothing has worked.

I am now tempted to take the passenger door apart to have a look at the wiring but i don't know what to look for. I've read to use WD40 over the lock ,will this method really work???

Can someone please help me, the last thing i want to do is take it to ford who will charge a fortune and it turns out that it was something i could of done.

Regards

Shane

Sounds very much to me like a loom wiring issue, hvaent reviewed the site h3lly posted yet, but I would say if you are having so many problems with the boot unlock button and the door, it sounds like the loom itself has gone. Take a look at the site h3lly posted, then if that doesnt help you may need to work with some WD40 on the driver door, and then look at the wiring...

Thanx for that.

the site states maybe water has got inside the passenger door damaging the wiring and causing fuse 63 to keep shorting. Which could make sense cause as while ago i woke up to find that my window strip on the passager side had gone leaving quiet a considerable gap. Allowing water when washing the car or rain to enter the door. i have yet to replace it due to being lazy which its look i'm paying the price for.

thats not so much a developed fault. The strips on the focus doors never did marry up fully with the windows, so I dont think that will be entirely the cause. best thing to do if you can, is take the panels off both doors, and check for water marks.

Hi there,

jeebowhite suggested looking for water marks which i will do this week end, however i will most probably have to change to wiring inside the passenger door, does any one know what the part number is or what the part is called so that i could see what it looks like, how much it costs and how easy it is to repair it myself.

Regards

Shane

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club