8 replies to this topic

#1 YAMS

YAMS

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: None

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:36 PM

Hi all,

New to the forum and have a question that has probably got a very simple answer.

I have got an option to buy a Titanium with the full dress kit (Side skirts, spoiler, front & rear bumper mod) that was factory fitted from new. Will I have to declare this kit to my insurance company as it's a bodykit of sorts but a very basic/small one?!?!

I've been on to Direct Line who said I had to declare it and it has added an extra 270 to the quote!!

The Ford dealer told me that it didn't add to insurance as it was factory fitted and made from new.... I suspect he was spinning me a line though to get the sale.

Any experts out there have an opinion?

Thanks.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:41 PM

It needs to be declared as an optional extra kit - rather than an aftermarket kit, it is possible that Direct Line have added it as the latter.

#3 YAMS

YAMS

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 05:44 PM

It needs to be declared as an optional extra kit - rather than an aftermarket kit, it is possible that Direct Line have added it as the latter.

Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty certain it was declared as an optional extra kit. Does 270 extra sound too much?

#4 PumpkinSteve

PumpkinSteve

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 287 posts
  • Name: Steven
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 1.6 125ps
  • Year: 2011

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:31 PM

It sounds too much to me, I've added tinted windows and bodykits before and my insurance company did not charge me because they were non-performance items.

EDIT: This was from More Than, as far as I know Direct Line and Admiral have the same rules too. I'm 24.

#5 Mark M.K

Mark M.K

FOC Supporter

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,467 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:20 PM

How old are you? Direct line refused to insure me with the bodykit on the car. Admiral will happily accept the bodykit for just 18 a year extra. (in my case anyway)

#6 YAMS

YAMS

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:22 PM

How old are you? Direct line refused to insure me with the bodykit on the car. Admiral will happily accept the bodykit for just 18 a year extra. (in my case anyway)

I'm very old matey (37)..... lol.

Been reading into this.... it's all down to the insurance company and what they class as a modification. LV's website says they don't class factory fitted as modifications so I will call them tomorrow.

#7 antman99

antman99

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.6 TDCI

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:16 AM

To confirm with Mark, Admiral done The dress up kit and the 7 spoke alloys for an extra 13 or so a year. Direct Line I know do not allow under 21s to change their cars and i believe under 25's get ripped off.

#8 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,563 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 23 April 2011 - 08:50 AM

To confirm with Mark, Admiral done The dress up kit and the 7 spoke alloys for an extra 13 or so a year. Direct Line I know do not allow under 21s to change their cars and i believe under 25's get ripped off.

Direct Line will not insure under 25's with mods.

#9 antman99

antman99

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.6 TDCI

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:34 AM

Thanks iNath i knew it was something like that.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users