Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium Full Dress Kit Question

YAMS

Hi all,

New to the forum and have a question that has probably got a very simple answer.

I have got an option to buy a Titanium with the full dress kit (Side skirts, spoiler, front & rear bumper mod) that was factory fitted from new. Will I have to declare this kit to my insurance company as it's a bodykit of sorts but a very basic/small one?!?!

I've been on to Direct Line who said I had to declare it and it has added an extra £270 to the quote!!

The Ford dealer told me that it didn't add to insurance as it was factory fitted and made from new.... I suspect he was spinning me a line though to get the sale.

Any experts out there have an opinion?

Thanks.

It needs to be declared as an optional extra kit - rather than an aftermarket kit, it is possible that Direct Line have added it as the latter.

It needs to be declared as an optional extra kit - rather than an aftermarket kit, it is possible that Direct Line have added it as the latter.

Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty certain it was declared as an optional extra kit. Does £270 extra sound too much?

It sounds too much to me, I've added tinted windows and bodykits before and my insurance company did not charge me because they were non-performance items.

EDIT: This was from More Than, as far as I know Direct Line and Admiral have the same rules too. I'm 24.

How old are you? Direct line refused to insure me with the bodykit on the car. Admiral will happily accept the bodykit for just £18 a year extra. (in my case anyway)

How old are you? Direct line refused to insure me with the bodykit on the car. Admiral will happily accept the bodykit for just £18 a year extra. (in my case anyway)

I'm very old matey (37)..... lol.

Been reading into this.... it's all down to the insurance company and what they class as a modification. LV's website says they don't class factory fitted as modifications so I will call them tomorrow.

To confirm with Mark, Admiral done The dress up kit and the 7 spoke alloys for an extra £13 or so a year. Direct Line I know do not allow under 21s to change their cars and i believe under 25's get ripped off.

To confirm with Mark, Admiral done The dress up kit and the 7 spoke alloys for an extra £13 or so a year. Direct Line I know do not allow under 21s to change their cars and i believe under 25's get ripped off.

Direct Line will not insure under 25's with mods.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club