Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fair Price?

Richard S

My wife wants a Fiesta Zetec. We've seen one at Polar ford. It's a Fiesta Zetec 1.25 on a 59 plate with 11,000 on the clock in excellent condition. They are offering it to me for £8699. They've offered Diamondbrite and GAP insurance for £400 which I know is way over priced so won't be taking that. I'm going to give them £2000 deposit (Inc £600 PX). End value is set at £4100 woth a max of 6000 miles. The rest is finance on Options over 2 years. My question is, is this a fair price I've been offered? Should I ask for a further reduction in the car cost because they're making money from my finance? What else should I ask for (car matts etc)? Any help appreciated.

I believe you can get a new one for under £10,000, so a £1300 (max) discount for a 18-24 month old car seems too little to me.

• 1 month later...

I have just purchased a 10 plate fiesta zetec 1.6 tdci with various upgrades (bluetooth, voice control, bigger alloys, parking sensors) for £9650 with 5k on the clock.

I have taken the gap as I had quite a nasty experience 10 years ago when I wrote off my car and didn't take it...its a ford direct car so have breakdown cover and 2 years warranty on it as well.

Altho u could buy a new one for a not too disimilar price (taking advantage of £500 fda)a dealer price will be around a similar price to what u have been quoted. we have one on our forecourt same spec, less mileage for £8490, so sounds about right. however, options on a used car is almost double the apr of a new one. give me a call if you want any more info. daniel 01132009500

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club