• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gsc29

gsc29

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo MK1

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:13 AM

Good Morning, i wonder if anyone can help me, i have a mk 1 mondeo, 1996 N reg, 1.8 petrol saloon.
In the mornings it starts fine but will not pull, it feels as though it is misfiring or a lack of fuel, i have put new plugs and leads on but have had no joy. I first thought it might be due to being cold but it also done it a little whilst doing 65 on the A14, i thought it might be fuel starvation but i read on another website that it wouldn't be that, i also have a little rattle coming from the engine bay, it sounds like a bearing on the cam belt pulley but i have also heard that that could possibly be an inlet manifold problem which would also cause the fuel like problems. My next idea was to fit a new fuel filter and coil pack but if anyone can help before i do this i will be most grateful. Thank you very much
Gary

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,560 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:39 AM

i would start with a coil pack

#3 gsc29

gsc29

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:49 AM

i thought that but after reading about the possible inlet manifold problem i did think again as the rattle they described sounds the same as mine

#4 mr pompey

mr pompey

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Ford Model: st24

Posted 24 April 2011 - 03:40 PM

could be the cat, as its warming up its breaking down, when was the last time the exhurst was changed???

#5 mintalkin

mintalkin

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,560 posts
  • Name: mintalkin
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130
  • Year: 2006

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:27 PM

good page on the butterfly valves here.
http://fordwiki.co.u...Fault_-_Duratec

#6 gsc29

gsc29

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:24 PM

just thought i would update, i have now fitted a new coil pack, and have noticed a massive improvement,,,however, it still felt as though it was "choking", having driven a car with a manual choke, i would say it felt like the choke had been left on after it was warmed up. Possibly a choke prob,,,,any ideas??

#7 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 21,263 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:58 AM

just thought i would update, i have now fitted a new coil pack, and have noticed a massive improvement,,,however, it still felt as though it was "choking", having driven a car with a manual choke, i would say it felt like the choke had been left on after it was warmed up. Possibly a choke prob,,,,any ideas??

Go with replacing filters, Air, Fuel and Oil. These will probably improve the performance greatly...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users