Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Me Please

stuie

Hi,

I bought a ford focus w reg and its being a right pain.

Has any one had a problem like this one is so please let me no the answer.

I would be driving along and when i change gear and engage in the next (3 rd or 4th) the engine all of a sudden feels like it holds back. I drop down a gear or 2 and press the throttle and there is no responce, it realy trys to drag you to a holt to. If you let the car cool down abit it seems ok again but for how long? who no's? I guess it is throttle related as there is no free rev when this happens!

I have taken it to a garage and diog and done the internal trip test and nothing comes up!

I have searched the net and all i can come up with is the TPS.

does any one have any ideas?

please tap back

many thanks for your time

Any misfiring or eml (engine light) on the dash? I would start with new plugs and leads if so, can also be the coil but go for the cheapest option first.

It does sound like ignition or fuel starvation.

I had a vauxhall many years ago (rip) that did something similar, took ages to find the fault was a bad fuel pump as everyone thought it had to be the ignition system.

After it was fixed it made sense, it would only play up at highish revs under load, idling or poodling around town it was fine.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

D.

It's a petol, just had a major service with cam belt done to + water pump.

No matter what the rev's the car runs brill it's just every now and again it does this daft prob.

Am thinking of putting it in at John Grose and see what they come up with but i just worried about the bill.

Will their diog tell me if there a prob with fuel pump or any thing else??

No EML light came on or anything.

When i got it it just had a new altenator put on glad i didn't have to pay for that lol bloke made a big loss as all pulleys had to be done as well!

Fuel pump does sound gd as my astra 2.2 sri ltd ed did suming sim. Will this show up on a diog with ford???

thanks guys for responce

stu

just had cam belt done

stu

Did you have the problem before you had the cam belt changed? maybe the timing is one tooth out.

I once had a Renault Megane (unfortunately !!).

Sometimes especially in summer, the car will just stall for no apparent reason and when allow to cool for a few hours, it will start as usual; no problems. I have taken to the dealership but they cannot find any fault.

I eventually attributed the fault to vapour lock in the fuel lines. Yours seems to happen only when the engine is warm and added to that the outside temperature now is higher.

I never sorted out the problem with the Megane but passed it to the next owner.

I don't no as soon as i got it i had it done.

I a person who believes as soon as you get a car get the cam belt done, and the car will do you for a good 100,ooo miles with no problem.

I guess i will have to give it to John Grose and see what they say.

I had considered trading the focus in but i just got it. god what greaf it is giving me.

It is such a weird one, i spoke to my mate who work for ford and he told me there was a known problem with the loom from the ECU, watch dog got told about it and yer ford have do do it at £100 for + you need to pay for the diog test. shorley a loom won't cause this problem will it?

thanks

stu

Have you been advised if the fuel filter was replaced? could be that it hasnt been reseated correctly and its leaking fuel / letting air into the engine, causing it to cut out.

I did have a fuel filter done but it's not happening often enough though thats the problem.

I gunna search high and low tomorrow as got a day off, will check fuel filter, thanks i wouldnt have even thought about that.

Its booked it at the dreaded dealer for thursday will keep you all up dated when i no abit more..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club