Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Sub In Mk7 Fiesta S

FiestaZS

I have resently brought a ford fiesta zetec s mk7 60 and im trying to have a under sub fitted with the stock headunit fitted will this work i only have a small understanding but the audio companys just seem to want to mug me off and make me spend silly money!!!

any help would be much appriciated

Thanks

Dan

Ive just had a dbaudio t-rex fitted and its awesome. I originally wanted an underseat sub but got told there not much cop.

Yes for a full install inc front quality components your gonna get quoted over £600 if you opt for top range stuff exc fitting.

I got DB Audio T-Rex 12' in box, lansar 200;2 and nakamichi front Speakers for £600. Quite good price new and sounds unreal mate.

If you wanna be subtle get the underseat deffo

Nathan

• Like 1

Ive just had a dbaudio t-rex fitted and its awesome. I originally wanted an underseat sub but got told there not much cop.

Yes for a full install inc front quality components your gonna get quoted over £600 if you opt for top range stuff exc fitting.

I got DB Audio T-Rex 12' in box, lansar 200;2 and nakamichi front speakers for £600. Quite good price new and sounds unreal mate.

If you wanna be subtle get the underseat deffo

Nathan

do i have to change my head unit or can i just use the one i have.

Cheers for the help

Dan

do i have to change my head unit or can i just use the one i have.

Cheers for the help

Dan

You can most likely use the standard one if you get an amp.

I have an underseat sub the pioneer one that is in fords acsessories. I got ford to fit it for me and it only cost about an hours labour I think. Sounds great for what it is 150W and really does make a good difference to the standard set up. The Bass is right beside you so it doesnt need to be super loud and pointing in the wrong direction.

I would reccommend it if you want the boot space.

Jay

• Like 1

I have an underseat sub the pioneer one that is in fords acsessories. I got ford to fit it for me and it only cost about an hours labour I think. Sounds great for what it is 150W and really does make a good difference to the standard set up. The Bass is right beside you so it doesnt need to be super loud and pointing in the wrong direction.

Jay

Hi Jay,

you couldnt send me the link i cant find it online and my ford garage is useless here.

Cheers mate

Dan

Jay

What do you think about a slim sub in the boot? That shouldn't take that much space right?

I was also thinking about the underseat one but I've heard many saying that it is not that much difference. But you said that it is a good difference...so maybe I should go for the underseat...

I suspect the many saying an underseat is rubbish simply havnt heard it and have made opinions because they are used to 3000w sub box in the boot of a 1997 corsa. That will be better but the sub is next to you under the seat so doesnt need to be so big.

The sub is the size of an A4 piece of paper/card and about 2/3inchs thick. I was looking at the Poineer flat sub that also has had good reviews for what it is. www.testfreaks.co.uk/car-speakers/pioneer-ts-wx11a

the long flat boot build is here http://www.testfreaks.co.uk/car-subwoofers/pioneer-ts-wx77a/

Il try get a comparison from my incar cam but duno how good it will be as its just a normal microphone might not pick up the extra boom boom.

Jay

EDIT: By the way DO NOT buy the sub from Ford because they are really expensive. Just buy online/from an audio store and get ford or someone to fit it. I got ford to because the car was a few months old and didnt want any broken panels

I suspect the many saying an underseat is rubbish simply havnt heard it and have made opinions because they are used to 3000w sub box in the boot of a 1997 corsa. That will be better but the sub is next to you under the seat so doesnt need to be so big.

The sub is the size of an A4 piece of paper/card and about 2/3inchs thick. I was looking at the Poineer flat sub that also has had good reviews for what it is. www.testfreaks.co.uk/car-speakers/pioneer-ts-wx11a

the long flat boot build is here http://www.testfreaks.co.uk/car-subwoofers/pioneer-ts-wx77a/

Il try get a comparison from my incar cam but duno how good it will be as its just a normal microphone might not pick up the extra boom boom.

Jay

EDIT: By the way DO NOT buy the sub from Ford because they are really expensive. Just buy online/from an audio store and get ford or someone to fit it. I got ford to because the car was a few months old and didnt want any broken panels

Thanks mate for the advice!

Actually I found many option thanks to your link.

The Pioneer long flat looks really good...maybe I will even go for it if it doesn't kill my boot space :D

Do I need also an amp for this one? http://www.testfreaks.co.uk/car-subwoofers/pioneer-ts-wx77a/

Did you place the underseat below your seat right?

Its placed under passenger seat. The Ladies learn to love it ;)

These two have amps built in so no extra needed. :) the long flat one I think I measured it out and it would just fit- but id double check it!

Jay

Its placed under passenger seat. The Ladies learn to love it ;)

These two have amps built in so no extra needed. :) the long flat one I think I measured it out and it would just fit- but id double check it!

Jay

So if I buy the long and flat one, should I put it on the back of the backseats or on the bottom of the boot?

Cheers Jay!

Tato

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club