Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk 7 Front Fog Light And Rear Reflector Change Guide

Chris Ecc

One of my front fog lights got smashed whilst driving; damage looked like it was a stone so I set out to change it myself regardless of Ford calling them an unserviceable part!

Prices

I originally searched eBay and found a wide variety for varying prices (£10-40) so I thought I'd give my local fraud dealer a call and they quoted me £69.99 for the light! :lol: I ended up putting the part number into eBay and found one for £10 from a scrappy and got that. The P/N is 2N1115201AB, it was advertised as a Focus Light but they are the same.

bulbs

I decided seeing as I was replacing the light unit I would get some new bulbs for my fogs, I went for LED Bulbs so that they better matched the color temperature on my HIDS. The light output is worse but I prefer the overall look. The bulbs are H11 and I went for these

Fitting

The best way to get to the Fog Lights is to remove the headlamp then you can just lean in and removed the units/change the bulbs. The units are held in my two screws, could be torx but I just used some allen keys until I found the correct size. The bulbs twist 90 degrees to be removed from the units if you just want to change the bulbs.

Damaged Light

Fog1.jpg

View From Above with Headlight Removed

Fog2.jpg

Closeup of Light Fitted

Fog4.jpg

Removed Broken Light

Fog3.jpg

LED Bulbs Fitted (It's a lot more white in real life just shoddy bb camera!)

Fog5.jpg

Old Bulbs for Comparisment

Fog6.jpg

New Fog Light Fitted with LED Bulbs

Fog7.jpg

Rear Reflector

I also had the rear reflector smashed on my Fez a few months back so got a new one of them; got it from Fraud as it was only about £10. They are very easy to replace just get underneath the car squeeze your hand in and you'll find it secured by two self tapping screws; one in the middle and one right behind where the wheel is. Hopefully these pictures will explain a little better.

Bracket for One Screw

IMAG0115.jpg

Locator for Other Screw (Image is quite dark so it's hard to see)

IMAG0116.jpg

Replaced Reflector

IMAG0117.jpg

Any questions just ask and i'll help out if I can!

• Like 1

Had exactly the same thing happen to my fog light! So thanks for the part number and advice, will be looking into that straight away :)

You get a laminated windscreen, plastic headlamp casing, and on the bits closest to the road?...thick glass!

Nice choice of LED's too, many LED "fog"lights I see look cheap, and a candle would make more light, Those look pretty bright though :)

LED fog lights bulbs look really good.

Where did you get them from?

Had exactly the same thing happen to my fog light! So thanks for the part number and advice, will be looking into that straight away :)

You get a laminated windscreen, plastic headlamp casing, and on the bits closest to the road?...thick glass!

Nice choice of LED's too, many LED "fog"lights I see look cheap, and a candle would make more light, Those look pretty bright though :)

I burst out laughing on the phone to Ford when they quoted me a price, I informed them I could get one for a tenner and they tried telling me how I definably won't be able to remove them without jacking up the car, etc

LED fog lights bulbs look really good.

Where did you get them from?

I got them off eBay mate, they are quite bright because of the large number of LED's, I have the same style for my sidelights and they are brilliant. The link to eBay is; Dammit 25% off at the moment too!

I burst out laughing on the phone to Ford when they quoted me a price, I informed them I could get one for a tenner and they tried telling me how I definably won't be able to remove them without jacking up the car, etc

I got them off eBay mate, they are quite bright because of the large number of LED's, I have the same style for my sidelights and they are brilliant. The link to ebay is; Dammit 25% off at the moment too!

Thanks for the link Chris! Can I use the same ones also for the sidelights?

No you'll need different ones for the sidelights; the ones I'd recommend are these 13 LED style <--They are the ones I've got as they give off quite alot of light with there being 13 LEDS, unfortunately the seller is Hong Kong based but if you buy from a site such as Powerbulbs you will have to pay 10x more for them. I got mine from that seller and they came in about 2 weeks.

Sidelight On - Gives a white glow which looks amazing, especially with HIDS

sidelight1.jpg

Sidelight Off - Just to show what it looks like when the LED is off

Sidelight2.jpg

I also put a smaller version of these bulbs in my Number Plate Lights (The 13 LED size don't fit, think its 9 LED i've got in there not too sure)

LED on Left, Standard Bulb on Right gives you an idea of the color temperature

IMAG0595.jpg

• 4 years later...

HELP!!!!!!!!

Ford Fiesta Ghia 2003, where is the rear fog light at all, the colours of the back light plastic are different, I don't know if there is one rear fog light or two because it's not working and if finally I find where is it how to replace the bulb. MANY THANKS

Very nice, I too have Led's in the park lights, but only 6 SMD, they are bright, but I would prefer brighter next time, are the LED's in your fog lights 13 SMD's? ps I have the HID lights and the colour is perfect with LED's

• 4 years later...

Just about to attempt to replace my rear fog light took it one off a scraped car quite easy to do I now hope fitting goes as smoothly 

• 2 years later...

Hi Chris 

wanting to change the chrome effect around the spot light for the morning 7 on my sons fiesta 

any tips would be great 

mark 

thank in advance 

5 minutes ago, Mark Elvin said:

any tips would be great 

You might have a bit of a wait for Chris, he's not been on the forum since 6th June 2012.