Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr Sketch

Clutch cable problem

2 posts in this topic

Ive got an 94 L reg 1.6i Ghia & have had to replace the clutch cable 3 times since I bought it. Ive had it since May.

When it went the 1st I thought it was possibly that the car had been ragged silly by the last owner. The 2nd time I thought it could possibly be the Clutch was poor quality.

Now its happened again its obviously more serious than that. It wasnt changed by a mechanic in a garage but a mate who is training to be one and he's said it could be a problem with the clutch itself.

Any thoughts/idea's/input would be greatly appreciated.

A clutch shouldn't be breaking as regularly as that, even with an older car. I'd imagine there was a bigger problem that needs to be checked out.

Take it to a professional and let them take a look.