Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecu Problems

bigbossowen

hi

this one is for a friend he has a 98 mk4 it had developed a miss fire with a big lack of power. he has for reasons only know to him he has put it in to ford and they have come to the conclusion that fault is the ecu. now if i was to buy a second hand one would it need programming or is it a case of plug and play.

thanks all.

• 3 weeks later...

hi

this one is for a friend he has a 98 mk4 it had developed a miss fire with a big lack of power. he has for reasons only know to him he has put it in to ford and they have come to the conclusion that fault is the ecu. now if i was to buy a second hand one would it need programming or is it a case of plug and play.

thanks all.

hi, 98 mk 4 what??/ petrol/diesel?? any info on codes from ford?? IF it needs ecu coding is likley. try contacting an auto spark in your area as some of us do have ford ids diagnostic equipment and charge ££££££s less than dealers. also 3 cars this month ford diagnosed NEW ECU....all 3 fixed with ecu update and no new parts. more info on car would help, regards steve

As above, 98 Mk4 what? Fiesta?

If you replace the ECU you will also need to replace the PATS system by the ignition as the PATS tells the ECU that the correct key has been inserted and will alow the car to start.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club