• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 p38fln

p38fln

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Name: Eric
  • Ford Model: Escape Titanium AWD (2.0 L Ecoboost)
  • Year: 2013

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:13 AM

I'm not entirely sure how I stumbled onto this site, but I've been having fun on here reading about the European Fords - especially since we're finally seeing some of them over here! I can't wait til the Focus ST finally shows up, but I hear they're having a problem making it meet US emissions and still get decent fuel economy. I still haven't figured out what some of the words mean on here :)

Anyway - I traded in my old 2003 Ranger SuperCab XLT FX4 with 4.0 liter engine the other day for a 2011 F-150 XLT SuperCab with the 3.5 liter Ecoboost engine. I can't figure out the fuel economy because the tempation to stomp it and go is hard to resist :)

Here's some pictures - I know the European Ranger is a hundred times nicer than the American version

Posted Image

Posted Image

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto
  • Year: 2011

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:52 PM

Welcome to FOC p38fln.

I like your new ride. I quite like the over-chromed grilles on the US Fords.

Paul
:)

#3 p38fln

p38fln

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:06 PM

I was actually surprised at the amount of chrome on it when it showed up - I ordered it without the chrome package.

The chrome package adds a billet-style grille with even more chrome on it, chrome caps on the side mirrors, chrome door handles, 18" chrome plated wheels (Mine are 17" with a chrome hubcap), and a chrome exhaust tip.

I did get the tailgate step though - love the tailgate step :) It's folded into the tailgate in this picture.
That's not really carpet in the bed, it's a bedrug - not sure what its made out of, but definitely not carpet.
Just thought of something else - how weird do the all red tail lamp assemblies look?
Posted Image

#4 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto
  • Year: 2011

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:58 PM

I was actually surprised at the amount of chrome on it when it showed up - I ordered it without the chrome package.

The chrome package adds a billet-style grille with even more chrome on it, chrome caps on the side mirrors, chrome door handles, 18" chrome plated wheels (Mine are 17" with a chrome hubcap), and a chrome exhaust tip.

Thats without the chrome package! lol, wow.

Looking again at the front end its quite a size. I bet it would tower over some of the pick ups on the UK roads.

#5 p38fln

p38fln

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:33 PM

When I bought it I traded in the Ford Ranger - so at one point they were parked side by side. The F-150made the Ranger look like a little kid's toy...

I took two of Ford's stock photos and tried to adjust them to scale so I could see just what I was getting myself into when I ordered it - this is a pretty accurate depiction, except it doesn't show how much WIDER the F-150 is than the Ranger. The little truck is a 2011 Ranger, and the big truck is a 2011 F-150
Posted Image

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users